Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH sulking becuse 'his' team lost at football

(18 Posts)
pinknosedevereux Wed 30-Sep-09 17:24:08

I know I don't understand, he snapped my head off last night and this morning the only words I had from him were 'I'll be working late'. No texts all day and we usually have at least 6-7. It seems really childish to me....

VinegarTiiiiiits Wed 30-Sep-09 17:27:13

Was is your fault then? did you make them lose?

He needs to grow up

halfcut Wed 30-Sep-09 17:28:46

what a twat

shivermetimbers Wed 30-Sep-09 17:30:09

Oh god, dh and dd are a bit like that. When they are at a match I always check the final score so I know what mood they will return in. Whatever you do, dont say 'its just a game'.

Rubyrubyruby Wed 30-Sep-09 17:31:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PersonalClown Wed 30-Sep-09 17:33:23

Jeez!
Speaking as a dedicated Spurs fan, you have to take the rough with the smooth. That's the fun of football!!

2 options.....
1-Tell him to grow up

or

2- Take the utmost delight in walking around with your hand on your forehead doing the Looser sign and reminding that he supports a crap team grin

ConFuschias Wed 30-Sep-09 17:37:23

Oh FFS. No way could I put up with behaviour like that.

I suggest you huff about every time you have a bad hair day to show him just how stupid his behaviour is.

Rubyrubyruby Wed 30-Sep-09 17:40:57

PersonalClown Wed 30-Sep-09 17:41:47

God bless Bill!

mankyscotslass Wed 30-Sep-09 17:45:29

Speaking as a City fan, married to a City fan, I am well used to the ups (and many downs) of football.

But I would not put up with a juvenile sulk over it. He can be a bit short straight after the match, but it won't go further than that.

That is, unless we are going to visit his family straight after a match, they are all reds and very vocal about it too.

There is no way I would stand for it spilling over into the next day! Is he a Liverpool or Rangers fan by any chance????

pinknosedevereux Wed 30-Sep-09 18:13:04

Gers. They really piss me off to be honest all that sectarian crap. I didn't say that mind you, all I said was 'are Seville a really good team then?'Trying to show a bit of interest. It's so juvenile and now he's infecting ds with it too.

mankyscotslass Wed 30-Sep-09 19:07:44

sad

Eldest Ds is into football too now, but his frustration/disappointment are quickly over.

I no longer live in the West of Scotland, so at least I can escape the Celtic/Rangers crap. You have my sympathies.

diddl Wed 30-Sep-09 19:13:35

There really are men like this?

Hilarious!

smallorange Wed 30-Sep-09 19:18:50

Dp is also sulking. You have my sympathy. Was it an important game they lost?

Yes there are men like this. And if it's a Scottish man the sulking is quite frequent.

theworldsgoneDMmad Wed 30-Sep-09 19:25:08

Every time I hear these stories, I thank my lucky stars that my DP doesn't like football!

Doha Wed 30-Sep-09 19:55:04

Yup DH nad DS came home none too happy last night.

Wasted about £200 on the sets of tickets and he had a "feeling" they were going to loose.

Huh !!!

Rubyrubyruby Wed 30-Sep-09 19:56:15

groundhogs Wed 30-Sep-09 22:33:54

God I hate football, especially when it does that to us women, turning our menfolk into blithering, huffing idiots.

Tell him to get a life, football is just such a waste of time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now