Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My husband of 6 years just asked walked away

(8 Posts)
sleepyandtired Tue 29-Sep-09 21:33:06

My husband and i have known each other for over 10 years since we were 18 years. He chased me and i gave in and fell in love too. We had two little boys, one is 2 and half years and one 7 months when he descided to leave me.He just woke up one day after a weeks business trip and said that i have been a horrible wife, and that he is fed up with giving and giving and that i killed his love. This has come as such a shock to me, i have been crying for 3 months and have not been able eat.......he has been so rude and aggressive, angry and refusing to go into detail. He told me to go to my dads in africa ( where i have been for the past 3 months). He came after 2 months and reinforced that he wanted to end it. Im so devasted.I cannot undertsand where this is coming from, i must have been so blind not to see it.

groundhogs Tue 29-Sep-09 22:35:56

Oh you poor love, I really don't know what to say to make you feel better.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's being entirely honest with you, and he at least owes you that. Do you have anyone that can help you talk to him, anyone to hlep you through this?

You must stay strong for your boys, they need you, you can do this.

Hugs

cathcat Wed 30-Sep-09 00:46:22

I agree there may be more to this than he is telling you at the moment.
Please look after yourself and hold your head up high - at least in front of him! You will get through this.

Pepa Wed 30-Sep-09 01:05:44

Just wanted to add there are lots of women on here who have unfortunately have been/are going through similar experiences...I'm sure somebody will be along with some words of wisdom but in the meantime all I can say is keep plodding on, get up each day and do your best, one day the pain will ease.....

macdoodle Wed 30-Sep-09 07:12:41

Wel if he's not shagging some binty little tart, I'll eat my hat!
So sorry, but men rarely "wake up and walk out", unless they think they have something "better" (hahaha) lined up

sleepyandtired Fri 02-Oct-09 13:35:24

Thank you for your replies, he insited that there was no other woman. He just said that i was a crap wife and that i didn't iron his shirts, cook enough !!

He is from a traditional pakistani family , and i am completely diffrent. I always told him how i was and he always siad that was what he liked and wanted.Until now, i never thought he had a problem helping me, with the kids and ironing his own shirts. I did everything else.This sounds so childish, i cannot belive he would a family for these reasons.

We tried councelling and the councellor told me, that its obvious he is not married to you i heart and he is blaming you for everything going wrong. Anyway,it has been 4 months now, i am living with my dad and he is a great help. I am trying to pick up myself and lookfoward.

The only thing i will never understand, is how could he hate me so much and tell me this nicely or humbly, or even apoloigise. Instaed he chucked me out of the house and refuses to speak to me, that is what really hurt. I thought no matter what we were friends and parents to kids.

sleepyandtired Fri 02-Oct-09 13:37:39

Thank you for your replies, he insited that there was no other woman. He just said that i was a crap wife and that i didn't iron his shirts, cook enough !!

He is from a traditional pakistani family , and i am completely diffrent. I always told him how i was and he always siad that was what he liked and wanted.Until now, i never thought he had a problem helping me with the kids and ironing his own shirts.He seemed happy, I did everything else.This sounds so childish, i cannot belive he would leave a family for these reasons.

We tried councelling and the councellor told me, that its obvious he is not married to you i heart and he is blaming you for everything going wrong. Anyway,it has been 4 months now, i am living with my dad and he is a great help. I am trying to pick up myself and lookfoward.

The only thing i will never understand, is how could he hate me so much and tell me this nicely or humbly, or even apoloigise. Instaed he chucked me out of the house and refuses to speak to me, that is what really hurt. I thought no matter what we were friends and parents to kids.

sleepyandtired Fri 02-Oct-09 13:48:00

sorry i meant how he could not tell me this is a cvilised manner, instead of what he actually did. like i was the one in the wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now