Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

2nd marriages..your thoughts please

(15 Posts)
aseriouslyblondemoment Sun 27-Sep-09 16:07:38

what finally made you take the plunge again,especially if you had dc/s from 1st marriage?

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Sun 27-Sep-09 16:10:18

The fact that I had absolutely no doubts and that, in contrast with my first when I was thinking up all kind of madcap ways to get out of it even in the car on the way spoke volumes to me

aseriouslyblondemoment Sun 27-Sep-09 16:19:47

that sounds positivesmile
what was your situ at the time?

sincitylover Sun 27-Sep-09 16:20:07

Are you thinking of getting married again ASBM?

waves

aseriouslyblondemoment Sun 27-Sep-09 16:22:30

rofl
oh was waiting for one of you ladies to post lolgrin
hmm,well let's just say i'm curious!

da rum da ra... da ra da ra..grin

thesouthsbelle Sun 27-Sep-09 17:36:52

oooh can I buy a hat now asbm!?!

notevenamousie Sun 27-Sep-09 17:47:30

grin grin nothing helpful to add, as I didn't do it 'properly' and get married the first time, but I am so delighted that you are thinking about it grin

mummee09verity Sun 27-Sep-09 17:56:21

hiya, i would get married again, i was young and stupid when i got married the 1st time, didn't consider the full implications. and in the car on the way to the church my heart was sinking coz i knew deep down i didn't really want to!!!!!
and it only lasted about a year!!!
but when i do it again it will be for keeps.
xxx

aseriouslyblondemoment Sun 27-Sep-09 18:10:57

so what has made you change your mind?
have you since met somebody else mummee09verity?
lol.lol.lol @the fit thread girls..smile

abouteve Sun 27-Sep-09 18:27:12

Can I just say at this point that if any one of us does get married we should all get an invite. grin

I would remarry if I met someone nice again but I would have to be 100% sure about it. No doubt at all.

aseriouslyblondemoment Sun 27-Sep-09 18:45:45

you'll have to fight dd to be bridesmaid evegrin

sincitylover Sun 27-Sep-09 19:50:21

I don't think I will ever get married again.

I wouldn't rule out living with someone again but not till dcs older/left home.

how old are your dcs ASBM - they are quite young I think?

Friend of mine has 8 and 5 yr old and that has worked out very well.

Agree about the invite.

Perhaps we should meet anyway

dollyparting Mon 28-Sep-09 09:13:25

My dp and I have been together for 12 years, and we are getting married in a couple of months.

We have thought about getting married for a while, and have spent a lot of time thinking and talking about why, whether it will change things (we don't want it to), what the implications would be for my dcs, and our families.

Having these discussions has been a great thing for our relationship. We thought we knew each other very well, but we have both found out new things about each other as we have explored our reasons for getting married.

I am glad it has taken us such a long time to decide - I know that we are getting married for very positive reasons that we are both agreed on, and not because we want to demonstrate anything to anyone else.

aseriouslyblondemoment Mon 28-Sep-09 11:06:53

congratulations dp!smile
is this your dp's 2nd marriage too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now