Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm really proud of DH...

(12 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Tue 22-Sep-09 10:26:40

Hes been struggling alot lately, we both have, he is still very depressed and he doesn't feel like hes ready for work as of yet but spending all the time in the house together is very hard.

Today he has started volunteering at our local Oxfam book shop. This is a very big step for him!

He has been very anxious about it but has gone this morning and Im really happy for him.

Hes even thinking about doing some volunteering at DSs surestart group too.

Flower3545 Tue 22-Sep-09 10:31:29

Well done Mr Disenchantedsmile

I know the feeling of being together 24/7 and as much as I love Dh I hate being together non-stop with no money and boredom setting in rapidly.

I'm sure you already have but if not make sure you tell him how proud you are of himsmile

JojoAgogo Tue 22-Sep-09 11:40:15

I am glad you are back on track, (i have lurked but not posted) smile

I bet he was very anxious today, but what a great positive step for him eh?

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Tue 22-Sep-09 11:41:01

that;s great

and how are you?

Disenchanted3 Tue 22-Sep-09 18:23:47

I'm alot better, I really am.

In all honesty I feel Im still making more of an effort than him because he is still a bit moody and snappy but thats his depression, its a long term goal for him to overcome that and I can't expect him to change everything overnight.

We are alot happier and genuinly haven't had a proper argument since he came home because I try to difuse it rather than being a bitch and winding the situation up, which I feel great about.

I've also started persuing something I've wanted to do privatly for a long time, just reading up on it at the moment, but I feel pretty strongly about it and I think the principles of it could be good and calming for me, so we will see how that goes.

But a major improvement in general,

I think the whole thing was a great big reality check for us both!

Disenchanted3 Tue 22-Sep-09 18:25:06

Hes also bought me a bike so we can go bike riding with DD whilst the kids are at school so we can get out together rather than sitting in rotting!

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Tue 22-Sep-09 19:54:40

that's fantastic and i'm really glad to hear that, you 'sound' so much more positive and forward thinking

moondog Tue 22-Sep-09 19:57:36

Good for him.Getting out of the house and doping something for others always makes you feel good.
How did he get on then?

LIZS Wed 23-Sep-09 09:19:57

Glad things are more positive. It would be good for you to find something to be independent too and manage your anxieties, even, say, an hour or so of yoga.

aurynne Wed 23-Sep-09 09:30:33

Disenchanted3, the idea of the bike is a great one, and also shows initiative from him! I had a depressive partner once and almost destroyed me. I am glad that some people, like you, show that the situation can be overcome with persistence, patience and love

Congratulations and keep going, step by step!

Hugs,

Aurynne

micramummy Wed 23-Sep-09 09:33:29

that sounds great, and Im sure surestart will love having a male volunteer

good luck grin

groundhogs Wed 23-Sep-09 13:12:03

Well Done you both!!! nice one! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now