Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How honest are you with your BF?

(6 Posts)
purplepeony Sat 19-Sep-09 13:54:07

That's it really!

I have a very close friend as we discuss everything, but I do hold back when she asks my opinion on her poor relationship. She can see she does no wrong in it and blames her partner for it 100%.

We have been friends for 30 years and I know she's a good friend.

Would you speak your mind, or keep quiet, if you though the truth might hurt, but also might help?

FairyLightsForever Sat 19-Sep-09 14:54:47

I try to be as honest as possible with my friends, I hope they do the same with me. Sometimes the truth is uncomfortable, but is generally better in the long run smile

echofalls Sat 19-Sep-09 15:06:07

ime when I have been completely honest the friendship runs its course. I wish my family and friends had been honest with me when I was married too my ex instead of waiting to tell me everything when we split

purplepeony Sat 19-Sep-09 15:10:31

Interesting advice!

I would like to be more honest but I think she'd be devastated.

She seems to think it's all his fault.

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 19-Sep-09 15:13:23

I think it depends on what you are going to say really. But i certainly wouldn't be agreeing with her on everything.

purplepeony Sat 19-Sep-09 15:48:36

No- I don't agree with her on everything by any means!

She has nothing good to say about her DH and once started divorce proceedings then took it back, but she expects him to adore her , cherish her, and look after her, but she appears to despise him. I honestly think she just stays for the money- he earns a huge amount and she doesn't need to work, and I have told her that, but she denies it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now