Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my mate's bloke

(7 Posts)
poshsinglemum Thu 17-Sep-09 16:37:52

Has threatened to kill her in the past but she is still with him. She says he has changed. Am I right to be concerned? At the moment I am just waiting to support her in case it blows up again - that's all I can do.

wheniwishuponastar Thu 17-Sep-09 16:41:08

goodness. in what context did he say that?

poshsinglemum Thu 17-Sep-09 16:51:59

I won't go into too much detail on here but he said it during an argument.

wheniwishuponastar Thu 17-Sep-09 17:07:13

its hard to say much without much information. but yes i would be concerned definitely.

poshsinglemum Thu 17-Sep-09 17:10:41

Basically he said if she stopped him from seeing the kids if they split up then he would kill her. He didn't hit her but squared up to her.

SerendipitousHarlot Thu 17-Sep-09 17:18:02

Weeelllll... I'm a bit yeahbutnobut - I would always be concerned about someone that would say something like that. However, my exp threatened the same to me years ago - I left anyway and he's never tried anything. That was 7 years ago.

SolidGoldBrass Thu 17-Sep-09 21:47:32

Have you made sure she is aware of Women's Aid contact details?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now