Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

separation- money query- any legal bods or anyone like this?

(1 Post)
mrsmoneyquery Sat 12-Sep-09 08:01:39

Can't give too much detail but my DH and I are consdiering separating after a long marriage.

Saw a solicitor who advised that I would probably not be able to stay in house as I could not afford outgoings, but would get more than 50/50 due to his pension, higher earnings, fact that I have been a SAHM and only worked P/T for all our marriage. My earning power is greatly reduced now because of a) my age and b) the type of work I do.

He has a good job, will always earb 4X what I can, has a big co. car and private health insurance, and a big pension- i could get 50% of that, or offset it against the settlement.

I have more in savings- it's been my running-away fund and I have saved bits and pieces inc. child allowance all my life.

Is there any way I could hang on to that by putting it in someone else's name for example, to give me some extra capital?
I know this might not sound ethical, but wondering what others have done. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now