Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If someone has fallen out with you but you're not really sure why, would you ask them

(13 Posts)
AcrylicAfternoons Thu 10-Sep-09 22:13:11

or just leave it?

nevergoogledragonbutter Thu 10-Sep-09 22:14:56

i've had people fall out with me who haven't even met me yet. i can't see why i'd need to know, their quite obviously mental.

Niecie Thu 10-Sep-09 22:17:37

Depends what sort of friend they are. Close, see them all the time friends, yes I would probably ask. Acquaintance type friends - wouldn't bother. Life is too short.

doesmybumlookbiginthis Thu 10-Sep-09 22:17:56

Depends on how good friends you are

Bleatblurt Thu 10-Sep-09 22:20:35

Yes, I would. Either there is a real reason for it and you can work things out or they are being a twat and you know to be well rid of them.

SixtyFootDoll Thu 10-Sep-09 22:21:58

Depends on how close a friend they are and if i am bothered whether to continue being freindly

Niftyblue Thu 10-Sep-09 22:23:56

If I knew them well then I would ask them
If not "sod" them

2rebecca Thu 10-Sep-09 22:33:42

Close friends yes, acquaintance no. If they aren't good friends you're unlikely to get a truthful answer anyway. Sometimes people just grow apart.

AcrylicAfternoons Thu 10-Sep-09 22:38:53

Not close friends at all, But I work with them, so it's quite awkward as I see them all the time and they're clearly pissed off with me.

2rebecca Thu 10-Sep-09 22:47:27

In that case I'd just ask if it's pissed off rather than just not interested in you. "I get the feeling you're annoyed with me but I don't know why. What's going on as I'd like to get things sorted out?" something like that.

Flibbertyjibbet Thu 10-Sep-09 22:56:56

I once had this with a colleague - one week getting on fine, next week cold shoulder.

So I asked him 'have I done something to offend you - like breathe?'

which as a jokey thing broke the ice and brought up the subject more easily. In my case it turned out I hadn't offended him, he just had things on his mind.

AcrylicAfternoons Thu 10-Sep-09 23:03:16

No this is definite pissed-offness. Has been going on for a few month.

cat64 Thu 10-Sep-09 23:03:35

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now