Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Practical help please now now have split with dh

(1 Post)
onetiredmummy Wed 09-Sep-09 10:29:24

Have split with dh now after many years of marriage, & not sure where to go.

I'm moving away & will have no job/income other than tax credits & CHB & while I'm sorting myself out with renting a place/finding new school/dealing with furious ex/finding new job etc I need some help. My friend says I may be able to apply for housing allowance to help with my costs for a bit but that I can't do this until I'm actually living there.

Has anyone done the same as me recently & can give me some guidance please? I have an under 5 & a baby under 12 mnths.

I can't stay with family for various reasons that I can't go into here as it would make me recognisable & don't want to end up in the DM! I also have to move away from where I live now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now