Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Books to help inspire after separating following very long marriage

(8 Posts)
nigelslaterfan Wed 09-Sep-09 09:39:22

my s has separated from her childhood sweetheart after over 20 years of marriage and 4 children. He's basically shagging around and living out some fantasy of missed sexual freedom. It's pretty pathetic.

She is finding books help her to keep her chin up. Are there any great classics of triumph over a broken heart after being married to a bullying s*bag for two decades? I would be very grateful for any I could suggest to her.

She needs role models of strong happy women who have overcome the fear of being on their own and become happy and independent.

Thanks

nigelslaterfan Wed 09-Sep-09 10:08:50

bump

NorksDrift Wed 09-Sep-09 10:29:33

She could try reading this blog.

nigelslaterfan Wed 09-Sep-09 11:00:32

Thanks Norks, you didn't use to be Norksbride did you ?!

nigelslaterfan Wed 09-Sep-09 11:00:33

Thanks Norks, you didn't use to be Norksbride did you ?!

NorksDrift Wed 09-Sep-09 11:25:00

No, I've always been me!
Tell your sister that the 2 women I know who were left by their f*ckwit husbands at the beginning of this year are now both happy and independent and getting on with their lives.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 09-Sep-09 11:28:02

"Eat, Pray, Love" - Elizabeth Gilbert.

slightly American schmaltzy tone but a very powerful book

linky

nigelslaterfan Wed 09-Sep-09 11:38:46

thanks very much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now