Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ask Men Dot Con

(8 Posts)
aRLcat Mon 07-Sep-09 10:27:26

Has anyone else had the pleasure hmm of reading the dating articles on this site?

In particular the worrying 'advice' metered out and even sold by one who likes to be knows as 'Doc Love'...

Snorbs Mon 07-Sep-09 10:50:22

A quick browse suggests it's no worse than the shite advice meted out in many women's mags. Was there any one in particular that got your goat?

aRLcat Mon 07-Sep-09 10:59:32

Yes, there were a few! I'll link them later with an explanation of why smile

'10 ways to upgrade your women' hmm

Snorbs Wed 09-Sep-09 09:33:46

I've just read the "10 ways to upgrade your woman" article. There's nothing in there that isn't regularly recommended in women's magazines. I agree that the title of the article is fairly crass but the content is nothing unusual.

SheWillBeLoved Wed 09-Sep-09 10:22:24

Convince her not to move in

grin

What a load of shite. Agree though - not much worse than most women's mags. Although I don't remember reading a "Convince him not to move in" article in any of my mags.. more like "How to trap him for life!" wink

And no, I don't read Stalkers Weekly.

Snorbs Wed 09-Sep-09 17:08:35

So if a man thinks that it's too early in the relationship for his girlfriend to move in but she's keen, he's supposed to do what exactly?

SheWillBeLoved Wed 09-Sep-09 17:22:28

It’s too early in your relationship -

Sure it wasn’t too early to say "I love you" or to suggest sex in the "out" door, but living together is a huge step. It sends the relationship into super fast-forward just by sharing a mailing address. The next logical step would be engagement, then marriage, and you aren’t even ready to give up your beer signs and funny bathroom signs let alone start thinking of becoming man and wife. Explain to her that you don’t want to rush into living together because it could put added pressure on the relationship and ruin everything. You don’t want to mess up a good thing. This puts the relationship on a time line and doesn’t make it appear that you are just trying to hang on to your bachelor pad.

shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now