Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

aaaarhhhh help

(2 Posts)
wornoutbyarguing Mon 07-Sep-09 07:23:50

my husband and i have just seperated this weekend after years of relate ,bickering and arguing
he has moved into a nice house about 1/2 a mile up the road and everything is very amicable between us and we are doing all we can to help the kids to cope

the problem is my 8 year old who is so angry with me i dont know how to cope
she started school this week at the juniors ,her dads moved out and she hates me

i feel like the crappest mum ever ,i instigated the move as i couldnt stand t live with him anymore
she is angry ,kicking me screaming at me ,refuses to even have a cuddle ,talk about all going on .and refuses to do anything i ask. anyone got any ideas to help us all cope and get thru this

lost4words Mon 07-Sep-09 07:29:44

there are charities around that can offer support to children of separated/divorced parents. Some of them are attached to the Mediation Service - have a look in your local area.

your DD needs a bit of time to get used to the changes. At this age they blame themselves. My DD did. Your's might be worried - as mine was - that you will leave her, just like her dad did.

Have a look in the library, too. There are some good books around that can help you understand what's going on in an 8-year-old's head.

Make sure the school knows what's going on, too. She might be more emotional at school and acting out of character - if they know what's happening at home, they will know to be more understanding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now