Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dh wont snog me as apparantly my "mouth has funny smell" i think its an excuse

(48 Posts)
yummytummy Sun 06-Sep-09 20:16:55

well i do. i always floss/brush nightly and dont think i have bad breath or anything but last time we were ahem "intimate" whenever i went to kiss him he would sort of back off. after i asked what it was about and he said my mouth had a funny taste. i feel awful but think its some kind of avoidance thing or to put me down or something. i think as he never initiates sex and i have a complex about it already. he's always "tired" and when he agrees its like "lets get this over with then" and if i leave it to him to initiate weeks will pass without anything. am getting fed up. every time i try to talk about it i get not much response and that i'm always too desperate. i dont think twice a week is too desperate though ideally even thats a bit less for me. am very fed up. any advice?

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 20:37:54

are you drinking enough water , eating enough?. sometimes if you dont eat enough you can get bad breath, theres a name for it keyatosis or something? <<<not sure exactly>>>
sometimes if you had ear/sore throat it can do the same. ditto if you catch threadworm...<<<<eww>>>
so go get a mot off your gp !wink

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 20:38:42

obviously a trip too dentist as well grin

WobblyPig Sun 06-Sep-09 20:41:01

Have you seen a dentist recently? Are you on a low carb diet? Have you asked anyone else e.g. mum whether you have bad/ funny breath?
Ketoacidosis is unlikely but are you well in yourself? Number of possible reasons for ' funny' smell/taste including some medical things.

yummytummy Sun 06-Sep-09 20:42:28

def eating enough! and drink loads. am reluctant to go to gp as i dont feel anything is wrong iyswim? surely if u fancy someone you want to snog them?

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Sun 06-Sep-09 20:44:56

Message withdrawn

WobblyPig Sun 06-Sep-09 20:50:34

I'll wait for OP to offer view on that REALITY.
Yummy If the real concern is your breath - likely to be easily solved. If you want to discuss the wider intimacy issue that is a different matter.

EricBanaIsShaggingMe Sun 06-Sep-09 20:53:40

I agree with Reality.

Talk to him, yummy. You need to be honest with eachother to have a good relationship. Tell him you're upset and you want an honest conversation about how you and he are feeling, because if he's feeling that he doesn't want to be intimate with you, then you two need to work out a way that you can live together and both get your needs met.

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 20:54:44

wobbly - thats the word i was looking for grin , thanx .
pmsl @ reality (as usual)" his cocks too small" - where do you get em lass?

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 20:57:41

actually . ... there is a simple way of sussing this out,.... offer him a jump, `a `la doggy !.
if he's up for it , then it isnt intamacy ishoos , if hes not - then it is .

itsmeolord Sun 06-Sep-09 21:01:33

I dont like kissing my partner because his breath smells and he tastes funny. I am not a prick, he smokes heavily and needs a visit to the dentist.
He knows this, he hasnt chosen to do anything about it, which is of course up to him.

PinkTulips Sun 06-Sep-09 21:09:42

I rarely kiss dp as he has a beard and it tickles, he has a very wet mouth and it feels like he's drooling down my throat and up til recently his bad teeth were rank (fixed now)

I love him, fuck him readily but sorry... can't snog him much sad

PinkTulips Sun 06-Sep-09 21:11:20

drlove.... preferral for doggy style indicates a need for dominance and control and lack of emotional connection so not sure that would answer the burning question grin

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 21:18:32

shock didnt know that pink tulips! , but who's preference counts? is it true if its the womans?hmm

therealpf Sun 06-Sep-09 21:29:27

I think go to the dentist first to rule that out. Then if he's being a git then that is a separate issue to deal with!

My FIL had really bad breath for a while and I definitely avoided him coming near my face even for a peck on the cheek! After his wife nagged him to go to the dentist he eventually went and it turned out he had a rotting tooth in there (ewwww) I can now go near him again.

yummytummy Sun 06-Sep-09 21:29:55

thanks reality would love to say that but wouldnt! hmm so he does have intimacy issues then will try the talk but i think he just doesnt get how it upsets me. also he doesnt like doggy style! new positions freak him a bit

NotanOtter Sun 06-Sep-09 21:33:12

how long have you been together yummy?

PixiNanny Sun 06-Sep-09 21:33:18

My DP hates it with a passion when I smoke because, we both know it, my breath is terrible when I do, yet he still kisses me! Just like I [try and fail] to kiss him when he's eaten meat (he doesn;t let me though unless he brushes his teeth first, even a peck! A PITA when picnicing or going for a meal!)
Your DP seems a bit of an arse IMO, even if your breath does smell!

PinkTulips Sun 06-Sep-09 21:36:33

i guess emotional detachment would be true of man or woman preferring it but dominance would be the male..... possibly?

AnyFucker Sun 06-Sep-09 21:42:59

doggy style ? a new position ??

oh dear, you do have intimacy issues

I doubt very much it is your breath putting him off, unless you have raging gum disease (unlikely)

ask another, impartial person if you have a problem, by all means

but I think it more likely, he is the one with the problem

drlove8 Sun 06-Sep-09 21:44:45

---- wow pink tulips .... and here`s me thinking its because he "hits" the good bits that way ! lol winkgrin <<<<appoligises to OP for lowering the tone>>>

yummytummy Sun 06-Sep-09 21:49:31

been together v long time 15 years. he's never been into different positions really. also doesnt like idea of sex toys have tried to gently introduce them (not literally lol hed have a heart attack!) but to no avail.

NotanOtter Sun 06-Sep-09 21:50:37

but seriously...doggy is about position number 2 in most folks repertoire

PixiNanny Sun 06-Sep-09 21:53:41

Sorry YT, but your sex life sounds less exciting than mine, and I'm with somebody who's impotent!

yummytummy Sun 06-Sep-09 21:55:28

really? doggy is no 2? ok i'm naive but what are the others?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now