Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I get this man out of my head?

(4 Posts)
emptyhead Sun 30-Aug-09 21:33:47

Over the past 18 months I have become (too) close to a man at work. It happened gradually and I managed to kid myself that we were just friends as nothing physical happened between us, but we weren't. I realised belatedly and backed right off.

Since then I have been working hard at arranging fun things to do with DH and the family and enjoying spending time with DH both on our own and as a family, which is great while my mind is occupied.

But, as soon as it's not I can't get this man out of my head, which is particularly distressing during sex. What can I do - will he ever go?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 30-Aug-09 21:35:40

Yes but you need to work at it.

SheWillBeLoved Sun 30-Aug-09 22:49:53

Keep up with what you're doing and stop fretting about thinking about him too much - it's just giving him space in your head which he doesn't need, but your family do. You'll get over it, a lot faster than your family will if you continue to let this effect you which will in turn, eventually effect them.

Salleroo Sun 30-Aug-09 23:03:28

Around 2 years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now