Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I crazy to be thinking about booking a holiday with new bf?

(15 Posts)
TooMuchTooSoonOrNot Sun 30-Aug-09 12:50:54

I need your help wise MNers!

I've been seeing my new man for 3 weeks now. We've spent about 90% of these 3 weeks together (my DD has been with her Dad). I've met his family, stayed at his, been away for the weekend with him etc. It's all good, very good.

We were out shopping yesterday and called into a travel agent to see if we could book a week away somewhere in September. Found nothing within our price range but found a stupidly cheap holiday for 2 weeks in May 2010.

Now, my question to you is: is it far too soon to be thinking about booking holidays 8 months away? I was reading a thread yesterday about MNers who had met and married within 3 months etc. so I know that love at first sight can/does exist wink

What should I do? I'm very tempted, and he's also very tempted and wants to ring up this afternoon and book it! Any advice?

TooMuchTooSoonOrNot Sun 30-Aug-09 13:16:02

Anyone?

warthog Sun 30-Aug-09 13:17:40

i'd give i some time. there's very little to be gained in rushing. sorry, prob not what you wanted to hear.

maize Sun 30-Aug-09 13:18:07

Why not? See if you can change the name on the booking when you book it so if it all does go tits up you can find someone to go instead of him?

SheWillBeLoved Sun 30-Aug-09 13:19:31

Go for it. If you can both afford to potentially waste money having to cancel before the holiday comes around then why not? Have fun, but keep your feet on the ground and don't get too swept away with the honeymoon period wink

Mutt Sun 30-Aug-09 13:19:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Paolosgirl Sun 30-Aug-09 13:22:17

Go for it - as someone who was engaged after 6 weeks (3 months for the official record grin) and has now been married for 14 years!

If you bear in mind that you might not last, and if you can afford to lose the money if you do split up then go for it! Life's just way too short...

TooMuchTooSoonOrNot Sun 30-Aug-09 13:24:42

Neither of us can afford to lose the money but I was thinking if I book it as the lead passenger, then I can always change the name and take one of my friends if it does go tits up! Rather than him booking it in his name and then me losing my money IYSWIM. He's happy for me to do this aswell by the way!

TooMuchTooSoonOrNot Sun 30-Aug-09 13:52:57

Paolosgirl see that's my thoughts exactly - life's too short!

Think I'm going to go ahead and do it, but make sure I'm the lead passenger so that if it does all go wrong I won't lose my money!

Paolosgirl Sun 30-Aug-09 14:02:41

Sounds like a great idea - hope you have a fab holiday, and who knows what else in the future wink grin

TooMuchTooSoonOrNot Sun 30-Aug-09 16:03:39

Oh God, we've booked it shock

2 weeks 4* all inclusive in Egypt for £1054 for 3 of us!

Can you see why I didn't want to let it get away now wink

Ok now I need you all to keep your fingers, toes, and everything crossed for me until May! grin

Paolosgirl Sun 30-Aug-09 16:25:14

Will do - and make sure you keep us updated! grin

TooMuchTooSoonOrNot Sun 30-Aug-09 20:13:15

PG I will do, for sure grin and thankyou x

Purplepanettone Sun 30-Aug-09 20:52:44

I'd book a holiday, but not 8 months away at this stage (unless you can afford to loose the money).

I went on holiday with DH at 3 months into our relationships and it was good and told us a lot about each other. But I always have a rule which is not to make up my mind about someone until 6 months in (having had my fingers very badly burnt).

Purplepanettone Sun 30-Aug-09 20:53:27

Oops, hadn't read your lastest post! Hope it works out OK!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now