Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

when the going gets tuff, the men can't hack it!!!

(14 Posts)
sausagesupper Wed 26-Aug-09 12:16:03

DH being a wanker today. He gets stressed, can't sleep so he's tired, probably got a headache etc... so I say, go and have a lie down for an hour and you'll feel better. I have an off day, and I'm unreasonable, he begrudgingly allows me day at home.
TBH I am often worried/stressed/frustrated or similar, and I often have a headache or feel a bit shit or tired, but I just have to get over it and get on with it.
Are all blokes like this? So far as I can see, there are lots of them.

quidnunc Wed 26-Aug-09 12:42:14

No, they are not all like that. What a bizzare supposition.

expatinscotland Wed 26-Aug-09 12:48:55

No, not all are like this at all.

We're under a huge amount of stress these days.

Have a lie down every time he has a headache?

Why doesn't he have a drink of water or take some paracetemol?

What does he do if he has a headache at work, go and have a lie down?

sausagesupper Wed 26-Aug-09 12:54:32

yeah well, told you he was being a wanker!!!
feel much bettter for having said it!!

junglist1 Wed 26-Aug-09 13:10:28

IME a lot of them are. FFS WHERE ARE THE GOOD ONES!!!!!! HELP

Sunfleurs Wed 26-Aug-09 13:57:14

They are in relationships. They are not available for a reason.

hambler Wed 26-Aug-09 14:33:39

I don't understand the question.
Why should he not lie down if he is tired and you are feeling fine and can look after the children?

As you should if you are tired and he is around to look after the children

mumsiebumsie Wed 26-Aug-09 14:57:20

Bit confused...what's the issue??

sausagesupper Wed 26-Aug-09 15:09:45

hambler and mumsie, that's just the point, it's ok for him to lie down and have a rest, but I just have to get on with it hmm

AnyFucker Wed 26-Aug-09 15:35:49

does this post get the award for most pointless ?

ss, sorry love, it is a bit of a non-issue isn't it ??

is there more to your dp'd behaviour or is that it? Cos if it is, count your blessings and go and read the rest of the relationships board

or the lone parents board

if there is more, tell all

mumsiebumsie Wed 26-Aug-09 15:37:09

Oh sorry sausage couldn't decipher what you meant.

He's a male - nuff said.

Laquitar Wed 26-Aug-09 15:48:02

'so i say, go and have a lie down'.

Well, YOU ve told him to lie down

hambler Wed 26-Aug-09 23:40:05

Just tell him nicely when you need to have a lie down.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Wed 26-Aug-09 23:49:50

what i took from this post was that ss was hacked off at the double standards that often seem to operate in relationships. i hear you girl!
in my case (just to carp for a bit, just having a moan) for example, i'm a SAHM most of the week and dh comes home to a (reasonably) tidy and clean(-ish) home, something cooked for tea, and ds fed and ready to play with daddy.
but when i work on the weekends, i come home to carnage, stuff everywhere, ds has had random diet with no fruit and probably more chocolate than even dh fesses up to, all the days dishes just piled up and no thought given to a meal for the working woman.

apparently looking after ds is enough for him to do all day, but when its my turn...i have to be hausfrau, tis just expected.

sigh. so SS i'm with you on this one, they just don't get how much we put with, do they?

and yes, i am gradually trying to "house train" him. He does do a good job on the windows when i ask, bless wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now