Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Out of the blue text from ex last night, is he playing silly buggers?

(6 Posts)
RossoRed Wed 26-Aug-09 11:22:06

So last night I received a phonecall on my mobile from an unknown number. I ignored it as I always do.

2 minutes later it rang again. I ignored it.

Then a text saying "Please answer, I'm not after anything, I just need to talk"

Still no idea who it was but I was intrigued by this point.

Phone rang again, I ignored it.

Another text "please, answer the phone, its important"

So I replied saying "Who is this?" and it turned out to be my ex who I have not seen for 3 years!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, he said someone had sent him a chlamidia (sp?) testing kit in the post with a note saying "I took a test, think you should too" and he wanted to know if it was me hmm

Of course it wasn't, so he said he was going to take a test just to be on the safe-side and he thinks I should too just incase!!

Wouldn't I know after 3 years anyway??

Is he just playing silly buggers or should I be concerned?

colditz Wed 26-Aug-09 11:23:18

No, you might not know, and if I were you I would take his advice and get a test. Seems like he's just making sure everyone he's slept with knows they have been at risk, which is rather honorable of him, IMO.

AstronomyDomine Wed 26-Aug-09 11:27:27

Agree with colditz - take the test. There are usually no symptoms for chlamydia so I don't think you'd know if you had it.

AvadaKedavra Wed 26-Aug-09 11:32:45

No you wouldn't know, Chlamydia is generally symptomless and can cause terrible fertility problems years down the line. Get yourself a test.

Good on him (even though he was just wanting to know if it was you originally!)

ChocHobNob Wed 26-Aug-09 11:41:23

Agree with the previous posters.

mumsiebumsie Wed 26-Aug-09 14:41:37

I also agree with previous posters. Even if he's just being mischevious you haven't lost out by taking the test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now