Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm pregnant, hormonal and need a facebook whinge

(20 Posts)
TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Tue 25-Aug-09 21:48:42

God today is the most hormonal day of my life so bear with me. But I need a whinge.

Having a horrible day as it is but also...

DH is one of those people who's liked by everyone. He'd slept with well into the hundreds of girls by the time we'd met. He's no cheater since we've been together- we're a good couple and best friends, too.

The thing is, I've had facebook for years, and he's just got it, and everyone keeps tagging him in pictures of before we met where they're kissing him or there's hundreds of girls hanging off him etc.

I know it's not his fault, and I haven't said anything. But grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. People can see we got married a couple of weeks ago- our wedding pics are on there. So why rake up the past? It's not very nice for his pregnant wife to see. Mine all seem to be pics of me with him and our little DS but then these girls seem so desperate to tag him. And it just all feels like the girls are being smug IYSWIM.

One girl e-mailed him last week. She asked him specifically (with no mention of me) to go to her birthday night out. He hasn't seen her for years. He didn't reply to her, he thought it was weird. Then when I was sat next to him she spoke to him on the chat saying something about him being 'all settled now' but sort of questioning it and taking the huff.

He just laughs it off- doesn't matter to him. And usually I do too.

But today it has gotten on my toddle pip!!!!!

Why are women soooooooo bitchy?

mrsboogie Tue 25-Aug-09 22:26:59

there there, let it all out love wink

better out than in (or bending his ear)

don't blame ya - I'd be spitting hormonal feathers of irrational rage too!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 26-Aug-09 09:15:49

grin so glad someone understands. They're all so pretty and thin and tanned, and I look like a beached whale at the moment.

Have only been with DH 2 years and 4 months so he looks almost like now on some of the pics grrr. And the worst thing is, he's been out with a couple of men's mag models before we met. None- stretchmark, none- hormonal, none- fat models.

Hmmmmmmmmm hmm

JRocks Wed 26-Aug-09 09:19:09

Good to let it out. He can delete tags on photos if he wants to, and can also reply to the silly moo that found him on chat 'yes all settled, never been happier'.

LadyOfWaffle Wed 26-Aug-09 09:23:52

Let him be tagged - everyone can see what a great catch you got winkSaying that, if it was DHs ex I would be mad but it's abit pathetic. He's married to you now, feel smug in that grin

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 26-Aug-09 09:25:09

He did put that and she really saw arse, then when she realised from the convo I was there, she put 'tell [totally] congrats. I'll leave you to it.' hmm definate moo.

If he deletes the tags I'll look like a psycho bitch from hell grin.. I am, but I don't want them knowing that wink

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 26-Aug-09 09:25:50

sorry Lady I cross posted grin I suppose I should look at it like that!!

JRocks Wed 26-Aug-09 09:29:27

ah then you're sorted, he sounds lovely, I'd just be smug if I were you

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Wed 26-Aug-09 09:32:42

Message withdrawn

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 26-Aug-09 10:08:01

Oh yes got to have a bit of the old MacIntyre grin and DH has his man drawer too grin

I know what you mean about any past photos. It's this whole life that we're not involved in isn't it?

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Wed 26-Aug-09 10:13:28

Message withdrawn

MaDuggar Wed 26-Aug-09 10:23:20

If it was my DP, id make him un-tag himself grin but then i dont mind being a psycho-bitch lol! I get insanely jealous over pics of my DPs past, mad isnt it? He is 8 years older than me, so has loads more history than I do, pics of him out clubbing while i was still at primary school ha ha!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 26-Aug-09 10:40:52

MaDugger- mine is 5 years older so he has an extra chunk of oh-so-fun past that I'm not in on, too! Plus all of the girls are a little older and a little more fun than me! And they all know each other, and I don't.

Reality- yep we are definately lost causes grin I think mine is the same sort of issue- yours are doctors, lawyers, mine are page three models, skinny beautiful, fun ladies. You're a tattood housewife, I'm a big fat moaning pregnant woman with PND grin

But they must love us eh?

sandcastles Wed 26-Aug-09 10:47:36

"They're all so pretty and thin and tanned....

....And the worst thing is, he's been out with a couple of men's mag models before we met. None- stretchmark, none- hormonal, none-fat models"

Yes, but he is married to YOU! Be proud of that!

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Wed 26-Aug-09 10:47:51

Message withdrawn

ginnny Wed 26-Aug-09 10:51:55

I think this will all die down. If he's new to FB people will delight in putting embarrassing photos on their for a while then when the novelty wears off it will stop.
When I started on FB loads of my friends tagged all the embarrassing school photos of me, but I just untagged any that I didn't like.
Feel flattered that of all these women YOU are the one he married and YOU are having his baby. They are probably green with envy that you ended up with him.
I understand that you are hormonal though and it makes you irrational.
And I bet you don't look like a beached whale either.

Trikken Wed 26-Aug-09 11:26:42

I have had similar with my dh being pestered on fbk (and though txts when I fell pregnant) by a girl who has fancied him for years. I try to not let it get to me, but through her pestering him all the time it has actually put him off being friends with her completely. so she's lost out all together by being ott.

pure jealousy is what it is. ignore it and be happy and think of the lovely new addition you'll soon have to your family!

PreciousCargo Wed 26-Aug-09 17:53:32

Women are bitcy and VERY jealous. That is the problem with Facebook, it makes these desperate, jealous women feel like they stand a chance just because they are listed as one of a squillion "Friends", and just because they can post up pictures to remind them what they could have had. Don't worry, they will definitely see what he has got now. Let them tag silly pictures if it makes them feel better, it's you he comes home to at the end of the day.

MamaLazarou Wed 26-Aug-09 18:39:19

You have my sincere sympathies darling. I am also pregnant and hormonal, and I know how impossible it can be to deal with things like this when you're feeling so emotional and vulnerable.

Let those silly bitches reminisce over the past, still reliving the moment when they once kissed a handsome man years after the event. Then feel smug that you are the one he chose over all of the women in the world to marry and have his baby.

You are NOT a beached whale. Pregnant women are beautiful! I bet your husband loves your pregnant body and thinks you are gorgeous and wonderful.

Big hugs darling XXXXXXX

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Wed 26-Aug-09 18:59:06

Sounds like most of us are in the same boat! Love what everyone has said about the girls being jealous and sad grin that's what I like to think wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now