Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

missing sex when dh works away, what "toy" do you recommend i get?

(16 Posts)
yada Thu 20-Aug-09 12:32:19

serious thread!

dh has always worked away with his job and is away again just now, usually when he is here we have sex most nights.

for some reason i am really missing the sex this time around, 'doing it myself' does not make much diffrence iykwim and i am not impressed with the two vibrators i already have (the original rabbit and a huge big bright blue thing that i could knock someone out with)

how does everyone else manage when in this situation? what can you recommend i buy?

Malificence Thu 20-Aug-09 12:44:31

How about a "clone a willy" then you can have the best of your hubby while he's away!

Big doesn't mean better with sex toys - how about a powerful bullet in conjunction with a cock ring so you can both enjoy it? you can use the bullet solo and then combine the two for joint use when he's at home.
Lovehoney do a 7 function bullet with a ring, it definiely adds somehting to sex, you need to be on top for best efect.
It depends what stimulation you like when alone - if you want penetration and clit stimulation the I can recommend the g-spot vibes, I have a smallish one and prefer it to anything heavier.
I find solo orgasms a poor substitute for actual sex though but sometimes you have to scratch that itch.

Iklboo Thu 20-Aug-09 12:47:30

Anne Summers used to do something called a Pulsatron or something. Several adaptors & 'inserts' and you could wind up the speed to something that could pulversie brick grin
Fecking AMAZING pity it finally popped its wee battery driven clogs <wistful emoticon>

nothing, nothing is as good as a warm man

OrmIrian Thu 20-Aug-09 12:52:06

Another man grin

yada Thu 20-Aug-09 12:54:52

i live with a lot of other wives in the same position as me and they do use another man!!

not for me though, have it to good with the one i have got wink

will have a look at lovehoney, i prefer to go into the ann summers shop rather than order online but i cant get 5mins away from my dc at the moment.

notevenamousie Thu 20-Aug-09 13:02:06

Clitoral stimulation is the vital thing for me. Replace the batteries often (buy rechargeable ones) because that makes a BIG difference. Would you DH be able to help you out over the phone, as it were? Otherwise, a glass of wine helps

BitOfFun Thu 20-Aug-09 13:11:31

You cannot beat these IMO.

Seven hours of battery shock
It would never be required for longer than about a minute though grin

BalloonSlayer Thu 20-Aug-09 14:08:23

Blimey BOF, that's expensive.

I loved the review that said: "The vibrations are intense and they feel great all over – my back, my legs, my shoulders, and my pussy. Plus it's silent so that I don't disturb anyone. I even use Nea on my cat, who loves the deep tissue massage. "

Yes, dear, you'd already mentioned the cat grin

gingernutlover Thu 20-Aug-09 14:19:33

"I love that it is Scandinavian, because so much of quality comes from that region."

PMSL, I wonder what other "products" from that "region" she is comparing it to

OrmIrian Thu 20-Aug-09 15:01:31

On the cat! Bloody hell poor little thing shock

Is it made of pine?

Rubyrubyrubyrubi Thu 20-Aug-09 15:05:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Thu 20-Aug-09 15:22:26

<snigger> BalloonSlayer grin

I got one with my staff discount...I am only sorry I don't have a cat shock

sunshine2009 Fri 21-Aug-09 09:56:05

rabbit. nothing will compare to it and I have tried practically every sex toy going. I love my rabbit.

yada Fri 21-Aug-09 21:30:19

what rabbit is it though sunshine?

i like the look of bitoffuns link grin

sunshine2009 Mon 24-Aug-09 08:27:06

I have the ann summers elite, the wave and had the orginal one but broke it. I also have the dolphin which is similar to the rabbit but a dolphin lol. I got that when I used to do sex toy testing for a website and it was free. Any of the rabbits are good so just look on ann summers really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now