Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I cope with the lack of any sex in our relationship?

(9 Posts)
helpsadoldme Wed 19-Aug-09 00:51:06

It has been 2 years now since he got ill.O k it isn't the be all and end all but I still have needs.

How to cope?

blinks Wed 19-Aug-09 00:53:22

sorry to hear this- what kind of an illness does he have?

helpsadoldme Wed 19-Aug-09 00:55:33

Affects many systems but started in prostrate.He and I still young well to me!<40

blinks Wed 19-Aug-09 00:56:31

is it purely a physical problem then, due to the illness?

helpsadoldme Wed 19-Aug-09 00:59:24

Yes,mainly,but a lot of other stuff,depression and the like

He sleeps downstairs.He has respiratory problems.

2 years ago we were a "normal" couple.Then bang and it all went pear shaped and it was a nightmare

blinks Wed 19-Aug-09 01:16:12

oh that's tricky, helpsadoldme.

do you talk to each other frankly about it?

blinks Wed 19-Aug-09 01:28:48

off to bed... it sounds like you need to talk this through.

i feel for you both x

SolidGoldBrass Wed 19-Aug-09 02:09:31

Presumably the prostate issue means he can't have full penetrative sex with you but the pair of you should be able to have fun and give each other pleasure in other ways. At the very least, you should be able to be physically affectionate with each other. How does he feel about the lack of sex? Is he not interested in it, or is he unhappy? YOu do need to talk it through in a way that doesn;t sound like you are blaming him for having prostate problems which he presumably can't help.

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Wed 19-Aug-09 02:48:58

Buy a vibrator?

this is not as flippant as it sounds.

If you don't have one it will at least give relief to one aspect of your need, whilst admittingly not dealing with the human contact/affection side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now