Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

6th wedding anniversary this weekend, need ideas for iron or sugar gift-totally stumped!

(14 Posts)
eleanorsmum Mon 17-Aug-09 06:30:08

We're having a lovely family day out but need to get dh a small gift for the actual day (sunday). was thinking more sugar line but can't do loads of sweets in a jar as too much refined sugar makes him go wierd! No idea where to get anything iron from locally! so ideas please folks..................

sayithowitis Mon 17-Aug-09 09:23:44

Could you make him something? The outline of a heart made in pastry, filled with crumbled boiled sweets and then baked makes a stained glass window effect. You could pipe a message onto it. Small, but very personal and therefore special.

Or make a tray of heart shaped shortbread, buy some strawberries and cream and have fun when the kids are in bed!

Lizzzombie Mon 17-Aug-09 11:44:17

Does he play golf? You could get him a golf iron? (charity shops usually have them very cheap if you are cash strapped)

Fimbo Mon 17-Aug-09 11:47:30

Could he eat a sugar mouse or would that be too much overload?

nickelbabe Mon 17-Aug-09 11:50:02

you could think laterally and get him something made of steel (which is mostly iron): then your options are huge!

titchy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:51:17

An actual iron? grin

titchy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:52:43

nickel - steel is the traditional 12th anniversary present!

nigglewiggle Mon 17-Aug-09 12:00:32

Where are you? I took my DH on a surprise trip to Ironbridge (Shropshire) for our 6th anniversary. We stayed in a lovely little pub.

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 17-Aug-09 12:07:30

We have a very nice cast iron bottle opener from Robert Welch www.welch.co.uk/products.asp?instanceid=13698 if he is a cookie type

MrsBadger Mon 17-Aug-09 12:12:50

Le Creuset do tiny little heart-shaped cast iron ramekins this

do him a baked egg in one for breakfast

TwoHot Mon 17-Aug-09 12:14:04

are handcuffs made of iron?

eleanorsmum Mon 17-Aug-09 19:18:01

thanks for all the suggestions, you're such a good lot!

Still not decided though, can't do ironbridge although very good idea!

Like the idea of baking heart shaped thing, only prob is getting rid of him (he's a teacher so on hols at mo and always around!)

lol at handcuffs, am 28 weeks preg with no.2 so not really for me at mo!

Heart biccies might be ok, dd could help me make them.

Any more ideas gratefully recieved!

TwoHot Tue 18-Aug-09 09:59:48

Tickets to a heavy metal conscert? Subscription to Kerrang? Chastity belt. I really am not good at this am I!

eleanorsmum Thu 20-Aug-09 06:31:59

Have settled on an iron maiden CD - but had to tell him so he could choose one he didn't already have. He never listens to it at home noly in the car so I don't mind, he's always liked their music since being a youthful operson, can't stand it myself!

He went out to get mine yesterday so at least I'll get a surprise this year! although he's already said i could have it now! NO! i want it on sunday, we've even got rid off dd over night sat so sun am will be child free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now