Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Considering leaving DH, what do I need to take?

(5 Posts)
Ready2go Sun 16-Aug-09 16:09:48

For various reasons that I won't go into I'm considering leaving DH and would need to take most of the important stuff when I first go. I have a 9 month old DD and am 13 weeks pregnant. I can't even begin to get my head around what I need to do to prepare. I would be going to stay at a family members' empty house.

Please help me think what I need for DD/pregnancy. What documents should I copy?

GypsyMoth Sun 16-Aug-09 16:19:43

copy? take the lot!

everything to do with you. marriage certificate,benefits letteras, bank stuff. are you named on utilities? call them,so take one with you. you'll be liable otherwise. passports. birth certs.
preg notes.

GypsyMoth Sun 16-Aug-09 16:21:51

once you've left,he might get nasty. any stuff left behind he could use to control you with,so please make sure you have it all. when i left i took a few days and went methodically through the house.

photos,don't forget those. anything important to you.

car docs? work cv. computer?

cheerfulvicky Sun 16-Aug-09 16:55:38

Hiya,

this link is from the Womans Aid website, it may not fit your situation exactly, but there is a good list of things to take with you. I'd imagine that would be applicable to you if you need to take the most important stuff when you leave first off:

www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-violence-survivors-handbook.asp?section=000100010008000100310005#what% 20to%20pack

Ready2go Sun 16-Aug-09 17:29:49

Thank you for the responses.

Im so muddled up at the moment I just don't know what to do. I guess knowing that I'm prepared helps in some way

I'm not named on any utilities it's more just finance stuff. I keep all DDs papers together but there are some bits that I don't even know where they are

Going to bath DD and get her to bed soon so will have a proper look round after that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now