Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Did we have an update on the --idiot-- bloke who wanted to motorcycle home from India?

(32 Posts)
moondog Sun 16-Aug-09 15:01:33

Eh?

Paolosgirl Sun 16-Aug-09 15:04:28

Wondered about this too - dying to know grin

StealthBearWipesBumOnDailyMail Sun 16-Aug-09 15:04:56

don't know if we did

themoon66 Sun 16-Aug-09 15:05:11

I wish Stella would come back and update us.

hocuspontas Sun 16-Aug-09 15:06:14

Oooh yes - I'd forgotten about that tosser!

cheerfulvicky Sun 16-Aug-09 17:00:13

Yes, please do let us know how you are getting on Stella. I would love to know if he's still planning to go!

PlumBumMum Sun 16-Aug-09 17:05:23

I thought she did update that he was still planning on going or did I miss something?

Metella Sun 16-Aug-09 17:07:32

There hasn't been an update for a while.

AnyFucker Sun 16-Aug-09 17:07:54

she caved unfortunately

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sun 16-Aug-09 17:09:44

maybe she is tying his knob to a motorbike and heaving it off something grin

moondog Sun 16-Aug-09 17:27:59

grin

MamaLazarou Sun 16-Aug-09 17:34:25

Yes, he went, with his friend. They grew big beards and they made a cooking show along the way.

Or am I getting them confused with the hairy bikers? grin

Quattrocento Sun 16-Aug-09 17:38:33

Yes, that was an interesting thread. Stella did indicate that she didn't anticipate a lot of movement, didn't she? Hope it is going well for her.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 16-Aug-09 17:41:58

I posted the same thread and nothing

screamingabdab Sun 16-Aug-09 17:48:54

Stell may be concerned that her life will be splashed all over the Daily Mail without her consent.

Stella - I wish you well

themoon66 Sun 16-Aug-09 22:14:28

Oh he is not gonna make the flight out there if she doesn't help him plan it, and last we heard she is sitting on her hands. So that will be that. I think.

stellamel Tue 18-Aug-09 15:47:08

I am still sitting on my hands smile

We talked again, he agreed that my saying it's okay to go to India was a big deal in reality, and was aware many other people wouldn't get the same response from their DP. He said he was v. grateful. I also said I was not happy for this to be more than a one off, I offered up the compromise again - a week away a year doing his running/rock climbing stuff, but that if he made a regular habit of extended jaunts that there was no future for us. I didn't issue an ultimatum, I just told him that was how I felt, what he did with that info was up to him. He listened and although was disappointed at first, he agreed that what I said was fair, and he would have to wait to resume his wanderings when the DC are grown (and he can damn well take me with him grin). He also listened when I told him about the state of the journalistic side of photography - he promised he wouldn't leave the engineering until he was sure he could justify it, that he would get a sabbatical from work for India trip rather than binning off job.

So I am still with him, and for the time being I am definitely sitting on my hands.

BTW Just found out am having a boy! 21 week scan was all a-okay grin

moondog Tue 18-Aug-09 15:49:26

Oh thanks for the update Stella!!
Sounds like he is listening to what you say at least.
Congratulations re the little boy!

clumsymum Tue 18-Aug-09 15:54:26

Stella, Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck, my love.

ErikaMaye Tue 18-Aug-09 15:56:54

Stella am so glad things are looking up - congratulations on the little boy!!

stellamel Tue 18-Aug-09 16:01:25

thanks everyone! I have broken the girl only gene in our families (there's been 5 girls in 4 years) everyone is thrilled smile

stellamel Tue 18-Aug-09 16:02:27

BTW you all gave me the strength to say no more and not be a doormat, so big thanks to you all x

notwavingjustironing Tue 18-Aug-09 16:05:11

We were very opinionated weren't we ? grin.

Glad you are on an even keel now though. You probably saved yourself years of heartache.

wilkos Tue 18-Aug-09 16:12:43

congratulations stella!

so glad you sort of sorted it with him. you were absolutely right you know xx

AnyFucker Tue 18-Aug-09 16:44:35

stella, congrats and thanks for update

I think you have come a long way, actually

This thread gave you the strength to see that everything is on his terms, and you were sooooo impressive at not taking the hump when there was an avalanche of very direct judgements on your relationship

Good luck, and if you need more advice, you know where to come wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now