Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I overreacting at my DP's Facebook antics?

(12 Posts)
fedupintheoffice Sun 16-Aug-09 13:40:47

My DP lives and works abroad. He's a national of the country he lives in and his English is very limited. He has never been to England before and so doesn't know any of my friends here at all. He recently joined up to Facebook and we're 'friends' on it now. I was very bemused this morning to find he's added one of my friends to his friends list. I'm fuming! This is not on, is it?

CybilLiberty Sun 16-Aug-09 13:41:47

He must be sleeping with her.

bruhaha Sun 16-Aug-09 13:43:31

In answer to your question - yes.

thisisyesterday Sun 16-Aug-09 13:43:32

um, i don't really see why it's a problem.
i bet it came up as a suggestion and he just added her.

maybe if you explain a bit more why you think it's a problem..

fedupintheoffice Sun 16-Aug-09 13:45:17

She's just very pretty and i'm just very normal looking. Maybe I am overreacting...hmm!

Thanks

LuluMaman Sun 16-Aug-09 13:45:34

why is this bad? surely you want your friends and him to get on ?

if he lives abroad, he is hardly going to get up to anything with her

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Sun 16-Aug-09 13:49:51

You are over reacting.

CheeryCherry Sun 16-Aug-09 13:51:13

'Antics' ?! Lol.
(YABU)

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 16-Aug-09 14:09:17

Does he have many friends who would use FB in his country? Has he met her, or have you spoken about her a lot?
Anyway, no, you are being paranoid. My DH is FB friends with loads of my friends, even the pretty ones hmm

Although, are you having a LDR? I did with my DH until he could move here and sometimes the jealous thoughts do creep in Try to keep it in perspective.

picmaestress Sun 16-Aug-09 23:03:29

...this is a >huge< over-reaction. I don't think you should use facebook if you feel this sensitive about things. Poor guy!

DollyPS Mon 17-Aug-09 01:30:34

Poor bugger has most likely joined to keep you happy and added her as a friend not as a shagging partner and he'll want to know his womans friends too.

BitOfFun Mon 17-Aug-09 01:38:59

You sound a bit insecure tbh. How long have you been together? Do you see much of each other?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now