Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DP's ignorence is really starting to piss me off.

(26 Posts)
HoleintheHead Sun 16-Aug-09 10:33:12

DP is so ignorent it really, really annoys me. It seems like he lives in a bubble half the time and doesn't realise there are other people around.

Sometimes, it's little things like when we're in shops he doesn't thank the cashier ... just gets his stuff and walks away without saying a word. If he asks for advice in a shop, he'll just walk away as soon as he's heard enough whether the person is still talking or not. It bugs the hell out of me.

But he does it with me too. I'll be talking and he'll just suddenly interupt or change the subject.

Example:

me: "I'll have to phone sky tomorow about .."
him: "Oh look, DR Who is back on"
me: "yeah ... but as I was saying ... I'll have to ... "
him: "I've not seen dR wHO for ages .."

angry

Yesterday he got ready to go out with DSD and I was washing up, came in the living room to ask him something to see him pulling oout of the drive!! he'd just gone without even saying a word.

A few weeks ago he got the car stuck in mud. A kind bloke came across to help him and DP acted as if the bloke was a robot with no feelings or emotion. He floored the accelerator, soaking the bloke in mud and almost running over him twice. Completely ignored the blokes advice (pleas!) and when I suggested I drive and he help the bloke, he COMPLETELY blanked me and carried on acting like a bafoon.

In the end the bloke stormed off in rage and DDP finally realised he'd been "a bit" ignorent.

Am I being unfair on him or what? is it ignorence or genuine lack of intelligence thought?

sunfleurs Sun 16-Aug-09 10:41:38

He sounds like a tool tbh.

The conversation between you and he sounds just like me and my ex, the interrupting as soon as he had heard enough etc, I never had anything worth saying in his opinion.

However the ignorance towards the bloke helping you is absolutely shocking. Is he aspergic by any chance? His social skills sound diabolical.

RealityIsHavingAPartay Sun 16-Aug-09 10:43:06

Message withdrawn

sunfleurs Sun 16-Aug-09 10:44:41

Think I must live in a bubble as I don't remember seeing any posts from you before op. Will search now.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 16-Aug-09 10:48:46

Are you sure he doesn't have asd traits?

A lot of what you are saying - not listening, not thinking of other people or realising they have feelings etc (no empathy/lack of interest in other people), none existent social skills, difficulty 'reading' other people, preoccupied with personal agenda, etc etc.

CybilLiberty Sun 16-Aug-09 10:49:54

Is he deaf or hard of hearing?

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 16-Aug-09 10:50:23

sunfleurs? Why? does it matter? So what if this is first post. You need to search - you mean the username? What the hell for? That's rather a rude post to make, imo.

sunfleurs Sun 16-Aug-09 10:51:42

Look at reality's post Hecate, not rude in the least. Curious.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 16-Aug-09 10:55:03

Is this you again? If so I agree with reality. If not - he sounds pretty shit anyway. It's awful being constantly embarrassed by your partner.

RealityIsHavingAPartay Sun 16-Aug-09 10:55:48

Message withdrawn

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 16-Aug-09 10:56:21

blush sorry so so sorry. Feeling need to defend first time posters atm, seeing so many hmm first post responses to poor OPs.

If I offer large chocolate bar and wine, will you forgive me for leaping down your throat?

sunfleurs Sun 16-Aug-09 10:59:37

Phew, I felt a bit shaky after that! Was desperately trying to think what I had said to be offensive.

Yes I will accept your wine but only Lindt extra creamy will do.

sunfleurs Sun 16-Aug-09 10:59:49

chocolate that is!

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 16-Aug-09 11:08:06

Have a truck load! I feel awful. blush

YanknCock Sun 16-Aug-09 12:19:39

Am going to report this one and have already reported the other one from this morning. OP, please don't start any more. There are people genuinely wanting to chat or get advice, and you clearly have a bigger problem than anyone here can help you with.

sparkybint Sun 16-Aug-09 12:25:09

If you use the word ignorance in relation to someone else, please make sure you spell it correctly!!

thatsnotmybelly Sun 16-Aug-09 12:27:33

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but he is not ignorant. Ignorant means lacking in knowledge or training, or uninformed. It is the opposite of literate or learned. So actually, maybe he is ignorant, but not because of the examples you have given.

Although... it is really common to use the word ignorant in the way you have, so maybe soon it will be accepted due to common usage.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 16-Aug-09 12:46:15

Message withdrawn

thatsnotmybelly Sun 16-Aug-09 13:00:21

Maybe she's a reg who namechanges when she needs a cathartic offload about it all?

Maybe the act of writing it all down is helpful in organising her thoughts?

Maybe every set of responses she reads brings her another step closer to making the situation work for her?

Maybe she's writing about her parents relationship and the replies help her to understand it?

Maybe it's her only outlet?

Don't see anything wrong with namechanging and writing about the same situation. There are no limits on how much you are allowed to post on mumsnet, or how honest you have to be.

madameDefarge Sun 16-Aug-09 13:04:18

Girls - its a troll. THe last which exposed it was the one about the dsd wetting herself.

madameDefarge Sun 16-Aug-09 13:08:28

here

IdontliveinaYurt Sun 16-Aug-09 13:14:10

Trolls arghhhhhh

I was about to tactfully suggest her H has the classic behaviours of Aspergers - I wont bother!

BitOfFun Sun 16-Aug-09 13:41:04

On a slight tangent, wasn't Lola spotted the other day?

madameDefarge Sun 16-Aug-09 13:44:49

I saw someone ask "Lola?" but couldn't identify the post....

TrillianAstra Sun 16-Aug-09 18:06:10

I know what I am what I am is a man and so was Lola, la la la la Lola...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now