Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what would you do if?

(14 Posts)
satincushion Sat 15-Aug-09 22:54:23

DS1's birthday and he goes to first match of the season with his friends. DH also goes with his own friends. As it is DS1's birthday when DH phones me just before match starts I ask him to come straight home after match to do the birthday cake thing mainly for the benefit of ds2 who is only 3. (ds1 is 18)

The plan is for ds1 and dh to go to local pub to celebrate (of which dh is partner in) and all their friends too. DH also stresses that it is his best mates birthday as well.

As we have no babysitter(DH had already suggested my mom but she could't)during the phone call I suggest I go to pub for a couple of hours and then he goes for a couple after me. This way we both could have drink with son, plus I have friends in there too. The pub is in my street so no hassles we could just swap over. At this he goes quiet and then says "oh whatever" and the line goes dead.

Ds1 comes home straight after match with a group of his mates and we do the cake/candles etc which DS2 loves. He gets ready and then he goes off to local pub.DH doesnt come home at all after match and heard nothing since. He is obviously in the pub with ds1.

What do you think and what would you do ???

GossipMonger Sat 15-Aug-09 23:14:38

I would be mightily peed off.

I would lock up, turn off the lights and go to bed and then ignore DH for the whole of tomorrow.

I would book a pub lunch for me and my 2 boys for tomorrow and go and toast my son's 18th all the while pretending DH is not there.

smile sad for you.

mrsboogie Sat 15-Aug-09 23:20:03

I would make him pay. angry

NonGratisAnusDailyMail Sat 15-Aug-09 23:22:11

Agree with GM. What an utter twat for behaving in this way. First game of the season does not equal being a total selfish twat for the whole day and night.

Spero Sat 15-Aug-09 23:23:27

That is just mean. I'm sorry to hear it.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sat 15-Aug-09 23:32:06

Go stark raving bloody mad TBH angry
He would be in for it when he got home (unless very pissed, then I would leave it for tomorrow).

I like what Gossipmonger said. Would work for me.

satincushion Sat 15-Aug-09 23:36:26

Thanks for your replies. I do feel angry with DH and I just think he has been 'greedy'. I know whatever I say he will probably say I am being too sensitive or that I am over the top ie first match of season, mates birthday etc etc

You are right and I agree with all of you..it is just knowing what to do ...I always end up feeling as if i am the one in the wrong.

I still can't quite believe he didn't come back at all when he promised

satincushion Sat 15-Aug-09 23:39:18

mycat you are right he will be well pissed by now no doubt. It will have to wait till morning.

satincushion Sat 15-Aug-09 23:40:49

Sorry to keep venting...he hasn't even popped in...the pub is 1 minute away..literally!

mrsboogie Sat 15-Aug-09 23:44:10

What a git!! I think you need to be really inventive with your punishment.

Tomorrow just smile sweetly and say nothing until you have thought of how the best way to get him back....

then WHAM!

satincushion Sat 15-Aug-09 23:59:22

ok racking my brains now

satincushion Sun 16-Aug-09 12:53:48

Acting normal "cup of tea?" etc not ar all sheepish can't believe the nerve!!!!!!!!!

NonGratisAnusDailyMail Sun 16-Aug-09 13:09:37

Have you spoken to him about it yet? Told him that you are pissed off with him?

JigglyPiggy Sun 16-Aug-09 13:10:21

if that was my (d)h his night better have been worth it! I would now be on strike as far as he is concerned. No washing, no cleaning no cooking for him. And definitely none of anything else for him!

I would also be organising a fab night out with all your friends. On said night when you are both ready to go and he asks who is babysitting i would smile sweetly and say you are dear and then hot foot it out the front door!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now