Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

T'internet Dating... sigh

(5 Posts)
Lifegoeson Sat 15-Aug-09 13:13:18

Mailed a guy a few times, seems nice... Don't they all!

He mentioned he'd bought a new car, I said snap, I had the same one, we can be golf buddys! He replies with yeah we can be ____ buddys! That was about 10 days ago, I haven't replied, it made me feel a bit, ew.

Is that too much after a few mails or I am being a prude? Or does it show we're on a different wave length altogether? I would have usually replied by now, so he's now emailed this morning saying;

hi,

hmm, I think my buddy joke must have been one joke to far (sic)? I was only playing if you still want to talk?

Name

No apology hmm in case he had offended me, should I give him another go as he clocked what it was?

Kin men...!

aseriouslyblondemoment Sat 15-Aug-09 13:24:19

er no!
and his apparent gsoh appears to not be working on other women too hence why he's mailing you again after 10 days
NEXT!!!

picmaestress Sat 15-Aug-09 13:53:44

he sounds awful, what a dork! don't even consider him.

SwannMum Wed 19-Aug-09 22:43:13

Do you know what, I have one thing to say, "Don't waste the Pretty". Go and get 'He's just not that into you'. My friends have bought me a couple of self help books after the shit I have had to put up with, and that book was brilliant. I hate self help books but it really is a cathartic read. It even made me laugh, which believe me is something of a rare event at the moment!

BitOfFun Wed 19-Aug-09 23:09:24

Nothing to add- ignore, delete. Life is too short.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now