Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Want to check -Is this true of T mobile

(16 Posts)
Size6Feet Fri 14-Aug-09 02:33:17

I'm being told that the reason h hasnt had a paper bill in ages is because T Mobile just decided they werent sending any out anymore and people can access their bills on their website?
I dont trust him anyway but I trust you !

UndertheBoredwalk Fri 14-Aug-09 02:48:10

Am not on T Mobile any more, but just had Q nose at the site and seems all is the same as it was.
I never got paper bills from them, but I had to actively opt out of them. Their default is to send them.
So if he says he's not getting them, he's either requested that, or he is getting them!

PurpleOne Fri 14-Aug-09 03:34:57

You can opt out of paper billing now.

I've been with Sky and Talktalk for 3 years and never, ever had a paper bill from them. And some companies charge for paper billing now too.

You need to be delving a lot deeper within your relationship if you don't trust him.

differentID Fri 14-Aug-09 06:32:21

yes, we get paperless billing.

differentID Fri 14-Aug-09 06:33:10

sorry, I should just add that they did this without us requesting it. If you wanted to continue reciveing paper bills, you had to ask for them.

cheekysealion Fri 14-Aug-09 07:38:21

think you now have to pay for paper bills

hambler Fri 14-Aug-09 07:43:00

yes they switched mine to online only without asking.

are you concerned for a reason?

Lotstodo Fri 14-Aug-09 08:26:37

I receive paper bills from T mobile and have never been asked if I wanted to receive bills online instead. Surely, if you want to get them online you have to have a pasword and account set up for this and so wouldn't this be an either opt in or opt out set up and not compulsory?

janinlondon Fri 14-Aug-09 08:37:13

They charge you now for paper bills. It does seem that the opt in or out is a bit hit or miss - we tried for months to get the paper bills stopped, but others seem to have been automatically opted out. On this one he may very well be telling you the truth.

Feenie Fri 14-Aug-09 08:42:21

They told me they had switched mine to online billing, rather than asking me. Hope you ge things sorted out.

tots2ten Fri 14-Aug-09 08:44:55

dh still gets a paper bill as well as a txt message saying that a new bill is available to view online.

stripes200 Fri 14-Aug-09 08:51:22

DP works for T-moblie.

Yes, they are phasing out everyone's paper bills unless you expressly request for paper billing

It's a cost cutting exercise to be greener.

Size6Feet Fri 14-Aug-09 09:03:58

Thank you all. Seems it is correct then as that is what he said, that they just told him no more paper bills and to go online if he wants to see.

notwavingjustironing Fri 14-Aug-09 09:08:45

I had a paper bill just this week - and I haven't been told its being phased out.

MarkStretch Fri 14-Aug-09 09:10:33

They don't send me a paper bill anymore, haven't for ages and I didn't instruct them not to.

They just send me a text telling me how much my bill is this month and I can check it online if I want to.

sayithowitis Sat 15-Aug-09 00:35:46

They told me a couple of months ago that from a certain date I would only get paper bills if I actively requested them. Otherwise they just send a text to let me know when bill is available to view online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now