Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

how pathetic am I

(15 Posts)
unrequitedsaddo Mon 10-Aug-09 16:39:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

unrequitedsaddo Mon 10-Aug-09 16:53:18

BitOfFun Mon 10-Aug-09 16:55:40

Oh gawd not the Emotional Anguish Prompted By Facebook again...it is evil, I tell ya!

Tamarto Mon 10-Aug-09 16:55:54

FB should come with a warning.

I bet if you think hard enough you could remember a few of his faults.

Dirty nails/hair/BO/stinky feet/pick his nose/spit???

grin

unrequitedsaddo Mon 10-Aug-09 17:01:08

unrequitedsaddo Mon 10-Aug-09 17:02:27

LadyPinkofPinkerton Mon 10-Aug-09 17:03:14

I know how you feel. I'm 32 and happily married, but the fact that a guy I dumped 12 years ago dares to have gotten over me and have a fiancee and now a baby, I'm gutted!

We can be pathetic together grin

unrequitedsaddo Mon 10-Aug-09 17:05:09

unrequitedsaddo Mon 10-Aug-09 17:09:22

springlamb Mon 10-Aug-09 19:45:02

Ah, now I've been lucky with FB.

My 'one that got away' has left me rather relieved that he did escape me. We've been on each others' friends list for a year now and not exchanged a single word.

I'm gonna keep it that way. He has the most awful hairdo for a 42 year old. He seems to travel the world constantly with his terribly exciting 'meedya' job but there's never anything 'real' in his status. And that hairdo really is atrocious. I'll stick with 'ole Baldy' on the sofa there.

No help to you, I know, I can only say keep your fingers occupied elsewhere and keep your gob zipped wink !

DippyDino Tue 11-Aug-09 00:10:48

There is only onw known cure.

Put all your ex-boyfriends / girlfriends in a room in your mind...

Imagine them comparing notes and discussing all your marvellous qualities...

The wine / beer / whatever flows, they all become a little tearful with the thought that you can never be theirs...

Finish off the fantasy with a rommful of wailing, brokenhearted losers wailing 'why, god, why?' clutching their chests in the anguish of heartbreak...

Works for me.

DippyDino Tue 11-Aug-09 00:11:44

sorry roomful obviously

NanaNina Wed 12-Aug-09 00:03:14

Unrequitedsaddo - there is something about first love that gets hardwired into our brains and makes it difficult to forget. The fact that he dumped you makes it even worse - it is unfinished business for you.

You aren't pathetic - it's called being human.

Put this on the back burner and get on with your life.

misbag Thu 13-Aug-09 00:20:03

No help I am sure - but my first love(er) from 16 to 26 yrs old regularly cheated on me over the course of the 10yrs we were together on and off. I loved him so much, was on valium in early 20's cause he was causing me soo much grief. Anyway - saw him for the first time in 25 yrs very recently and I swear the bastard didn't recognise me!!! You know I could just see by the look in his eye when I cheerfully said Hi that he was oblivious to who i was.

I was soooooo enraged - still am to be honest. How dare he not know who I was,after all the shit I took from him, after everything I let him get away with.

Trouble is - that relationship set a pattern that I have never yet been able to break - I let my husband ride rough shod over me, cheat, lie and still I don't get rid ( the offender from years ago eventually dumped me and married someone with money - she eventually divorced him).

No help - just thought I would share, I feel better for it, so thanks and sorry for the hi-jack!!!

misbag Thu 13-Aug-09 00:23:53

sorry - how selfish, should of course have said that this just goes to show you are not alone, that as previoiusly stated by others first love as unfinished business has a habit of haunting us.

You are not a freak - or at least if you are then so am I so don't worry you are not alone :-)))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now