Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How did you know you wanted to end your relationship.

(5 Posts)
comewhinewithme Mon 10-Aug-09 11:13:56

I can feel myself detaching away from dp and not caring about him anymore .

We have been together for years and split up for a year during this time .
When this happened I was in bits I would run after him and take food to his flat and beg him to come and spend time with us .
I missed him so much it hurt now I couldn't give a shit if he emigrated .

I sometimes dream about moving away just me and dc away from him I feel as though I am beginning to hate him .

This morning he started been snappy and arsey because he hadn't slept well and I just couldn't be bothered to row back with him .

I am sure he feels the same he has told me he dosen't love me anymore but then takes it back .

I just feel like I want to be on my own but I am confused because I have PND so I don't know if it is due to that or him I am feeling this way .

whomovedmychocolate Mon 10-Aug-09 11:21:33

I knew I had to divorce ex-dh when the way he breathed made me want to stab him in the eye with a fork. But mostly it was just that I didn't care anymore. I think thinking if he emigrated you wouldn't care is mild compared to some of the thoughts I had about him! blush

I think if you have PND you should be careful about making big decisions yet - unless he is the cause of your depression.

May I suggest you both agree to be very polite to each other for a month and see how you feel after that?

comewhinewithme Mon 10-Aug-09 11:25:01

Thanks WMMC you are right of course ( although I know what you mean about the breathing).

whomovedmychocolate Mon 10-Aug-09 16:06:16

Gah and the chewing. Overnight his chewing seemed to go from normal to astoundingly loud. angry

Remember to you have kids involved, it's a massive step to break up if you are not totally sure it's the right thing to do.

If you are sure, you need to plan it so no-one gets any more hurt than they need to (including you).

I wonder whether you are angry with him for leaving you before and have closed off all positive thoughts for him lest he hurt you again?

mrsboogie Thu 13-Aug-09 00:30:36

PND aside, if a relationship brings more misery than joy(and there is no desire to address this on both sides)to it is time to call it a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now