Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what happens when you are no long in love?

(8 Posts)
ImNotInLove Wed 25-May-05 14:44:12

says it all really. I don't hate my DH. I do care for him. But I'm not in love. Being with him is starting to get me down. I want to love. DH knows how I feel but he said that it doesn't matter as long as I am still here for him to see every day. We have been married for 8 years and have 2 children together.

"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"

mancmum Wed 25-May-05 15:00:00

depends on you really -- I know plenty of couples where you are... they are choosing to carry on... but if it is getting you down, then sounds like you are ready to move on... maybe Relate for mediation for as painless a split as possible?

ImNotInLove Wed 25-May-05 15:37:45

i suggested that to him but he declined, saying that we would be ok. It is like he is in denial about what I have said

noddyholder Wed 25-May-05 15:38:46

how old are you?I think if you are happy with this then so be it I know i wouldn't be

ImNotInLove Wed 25-May-05 15:41:47

i am early 30s. I am not happy. I wish I was.

Flum Wed 25-May-05 15:48:45

That is what happens to love with time. It mellows. Of course you could divorce him and search for something 'more'. Cause untold disruption to your kids and each other. You may or may not find what you are looking for . If you do it may or may not last.

YOu could be in the same position in 8 years time with another man.

I would try to work at it if I were you. Try to find some mutual interests etc etc

ImNotInLove Wed 25-May-05 15:51:47

yes. i just don't know what to do to convince DH that we need to sort something out. I am fed up of just plodding along with each other.

dropinthe Wed 25-May-05 16:10:38

Stop listening to old Cole and start talking to dh HONESTLY!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now