Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A positive start on MumsNet! :)

(10 Posts)
aurynne Sat 01-Aug-09 05:14:12

Hi all,

I have just registered in MumsNet and I've found out that there is no "Introduce Yourself!" topic just to say hello to all of you. Either that, or I am useless and I can't find it. So I will start here. I have been reading topics in MN for a while now and I thought I could start contributing a bit on my own. I am 33 y.o., living in New Zealand and have no children yet. In fact, until recently I had never considered having them at all, until I met my present partner. I still don't know if I will have children or not, but if I decided to have them, I can't think of a better dad than him .

So, enough for introductions, let's start contributing. I thought that the "relationships" thread looks sometimes a bit depressing, as many of us usually come here to vent out our frustrations and negative experiences. I have spotted the thread in which you are asked to list 5 things you love about your DP and 5 things that annoy you, and I think that is a fantastic idea. Continuing that trend, I would ask you here to elaborate on *the best quality your partner has*.

As I would like this thread to be inclusive of everyone around, for the ones of you who are single at the moment, you could tell us what would be the quality you would most appreciate in your future DP.

And so, here I start: the thing I like the most about my DP is his inner goodness. He has gone through Hell in his previous relationship, he has been treated like shit by his ex wife, and still he will not say a word against her and will never be spiteful. He learned from previous mistakes and has used all the bad things that happened to him in his life to become a better person, and gosh, he has indeed succeeded! He is the most loving, caring, sweet, understanding, forgiving person I have ever known. And as a result, he brings out the best in me too!

What about your DPs?

Big hugs to all and hope to get to know you better soon!

foofi Sat 01-Aug-09 07:21:54

Hi aurynne and welcome!

It's a good idea to sum up what you're saying in the thread title - eg 'What quality do you most appreciate in your dp?'

For me it's telling me I look great when I know I don't!

2sugarsandapuppy Sat 01-Aug-09 07:32:35

Hi! Have been here for years under different guises, and despite not logging on for months, I still can't quit MN!

Best thing about H? He's painting the woodwork on the outside of our house. And he washes dd2's hair, which is down to below her knees. And I hope he's going to take me to Ikea this weekend.

beatiebow Sat 01-Aug-09 09:52:57

My husband is always always always really supportive of me and believes in my ability to do stuff I really don't think I could do.

Whereabouts in NZ are you? I am from Wellingtonish area originally.

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Sat 01-Aug-09 09:57:07

dh is incredibly patient and loving

diedandgonetodevon Sat 01-Aug-09 10:15:45

Hi aurynne, welcome to Mumsnet.

It is nice to see a positive relationship thread.

My DH's best quality is the love, time and attention he gives his family. We always know we are his number one priority.

HeadFairy Sat 01-Aug-09 10:21:18

Hi and welcome.

I think the best thing about dh is the way he's tried so hard to change what he feels are his bad habits. He lived on his own for so long he'd become quite selfish and set in his ways, he's really moved a long way out of his comfort zone at times to accommodate me. I do know how hard he finds things sometimes and I just appreciate how much effort he's made for me.

aurynne Sat 01-Aug-09 10:46:18

Hi to all and thanks for the answers so far!

foofi, you're right, I could have worked a bit more on the title. But I'm a fast learner ;)

beatiebow, I am originally from Spain, at the moment living in Hamilton, and soon to move to Christchurch. Before that I lived in Cambridge (UK) for a while. So as you can see, I am quite a traveller

Great to see all those wonderful qualities from your men come out! Let's get some more!

((((((Hugs)))))) to all!

Lizzylou Sat 01-Aug-09 10:49:07

Hi Aurynne, like DiedandgonetoDevon, my DH is a family man and loves being with me and our boys. He is patient, kind and loving.

He's not so tidy and not great at cleaning, but then neither am I blush

scoutandjem Sat 01-Aug-09 11:58:22

Hello

My dh is supportive with everything I do. Going back to Uni to take PGCE and he has bought me a laptop!

We've had lots of ups and downs but we have gotten through it and it has made our relationship that much stronger.

I leave in Hove and off to gay pride in brighton later - crazy party time!! ps dh will stay at home with dc's grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now