Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.
5 things that your DH/DP(DW) does to irritate you and 5 things you love(63 Posts)
I love my DH, but sometimes he does things that really get on my goat, and I think I would like to get some of them out. And I thought it might be nice to counteract those with the things I love about him.
1. He cannot seem to empty the bath when he has finished, either himself or DD. There is currently a bath full of cold dirty water left from DDs bath last night. I would leave it there all day if I did not need a shower myself!
2. He cleans around mess. He said yesterday he had cleaned and tidied the front room, but what he meant was, he moved junk from the floor onto sofas and hoovered. He left DDs chairs stacked on top of the sofa, he left the hoover plugged in, in the middle of the floor, the chair was in the middle with the hoover, the rubbish bin was full, there were toys still around the floor, polish and cloth is left out! Same in kitchen, things are left out (dishcloths, cleaner, milk, bread) although the floor and sides are clean.
3. He does not put lids back on jars, or put them back in the fridge.
4. He stays in bed too long
5. he snores
1. He is a great cook, and cooks most days without complaint.
2. He is great in bed
3. He goes to the shops, I hate getting bread, milk, and he goes, even in the rain.
4. He looks after me when am not well. Have been quite poorly this pg and he has for the most part done lots of fetching and collecting, he will get me paracetamol, or the laptop power supply, he will make me a drink when I want one.
5. He loves a cuddle first thing in the morning.
Add your own.
he has to drink until passing out
he has to do this every friday
he has to lay across the bed diagonally so i have to sleep on the settee
he's generally nice in his manner
can't think of anything else.
mines is now exp but i like this thread. lol
1)takes pst-sell-by-day back out bin and eats
3)works non-stop so could never do family things
5)makes me watch the foreign sat where i dont understasnd a word.
1)runs me baths
3)makes tea and toast the best
he only has 3. hence ex
oooh very though provoking although must admit took not time to think of annoying things and a bit longer to think of good things
1. Either does nothing around the house or is anal about it to the extreme
2. spends more quality time with his xbox than he should
3. agree with pavlov re bathroom etiquette, leaves bath full, clothes on floor etc.
4. duvet/bed hogging and spends way too much time in his bed
5. is crap with money
1. he makes me laugh (normally at, not with )
2. a fantastic father
3. he is a very kind and generous man
4. he loves me
5. good at fixing stuff
ellie - me too, took some time, as I was at the time still wound up by the minging bathroom! I could probably have done twice as many negatives while thinking of the positives
he buys fridge things and then leaves them in the bag on the kitchen counter
he leaves his wet towels wherever he takes them off
he works too hard
he is a tiny bit fussy about food (understandable after decades on a submarine)
he always beats me at trivial pursuit (like shockingly so,he knows a million things and has the memory of an elephant)
he kills spiders with his bare hands (huge ones and it makes him seem so brave
he takes one of the girls with him to work when he is going somewhere where its ok (the older two take turns)
he looks after me when I'm ill
he accepts my crazy (totally and loves me for it/despite it )
1) Gets song lyrics wrong and refuses to be corrected.
2) Eats crisps too loudly (he is working on this one).
3) Forgets to tell me important gossip.
4) Always looks gorgeous when I look like a troll (i.e, when ill, tired, just woken up or hungover). Always has perfect hair despite his hair-care regime being 'dip in in the bath and shake it a bit'.
5) Refuses to grow a beard.
1) Sweetest, handsomest, funniest, most wonderful man on Earth.
2) Constant, tireless, unwavering devotion and loyalty. Seems to have devoted his life to making me happy.
3) Always clean and fragrant. Never makes unpleasant smells or noises in my presence.
4) Great at kissing and shagging.
5) Enjoys cooking and housework.
Oooh, good thread.
1. Doesn't put anything away after using it.
2. Leaves the wet towel on the bed for me.
3. Gets engrossed in mafia wars on facebook.
4. Often pretends to listen when I know he's not.
5. Can be grumpy.
1. He's fab and dirty in bed.
2. He's a great Dad.
3. He gives me lie ins most weekends.
4. He loves me to go out even though he never gets to.
5. He's fab and dirty in bed.
He makes me laugh (sometimes)
He enjoys doing the weekly shop
He makes a nice cup of tea
He lets me have a lie in on a weekend
He's a good father
He NEVER does any housework
He is obsessed with his hobbies (addictive personality maybe)
He has a temper
He is constantly farting
He can walk around mess etc and not see it at all
1. He bottles things up that are worrying him, which causes him to sulk, and only knows how to discuss them by causing a row and then letting it out in one big stream.
2.He snores (very loudly when drink has been taken)
3.He can get very involved in boring anal topics and then go on at length about them The latest topic is HPMI connections on the back of the TV, in fairness we are buying a new TV but do I really have to know all the ins and outs?
4. His mother - not really his fault I suppose but guilty by association
5. He cannot cook anything without burning it or somehow making it unedible
. Fantastic father, incredibaly patient and the al round entainer for 2yr old dd
. Very caring and loving towards me
. Will happily do more than his share of the housework and laundry.
. Is my voice of reason when my short temper or imptience gets the better of me
Ha ha ha: 'gets engrossed in mafia wars on facebook'! Ha ha ha ha ha
It's easier to do the annoying things
1. If he's watching telly he pulls the same face/moves like the person he's watching. So I watch him, not the telly
2. He thinks he's told me stuff but he hasn't WRITE IT ON THE CALENDAR
3. He leaves 'things' out when he's emptied the dishwasher, like cheesegraters etc. never clears it ALL away
4. He repeats back to what I've just said as if he's making his own point. Then gets cross when I point it out.
5. he's a 'spattery' cook
1. He thinks I am a sex goddess
2. He is a great dad
3. He has the ability to make me snort tea from my nose regularly
4. He listens to me manking on about work without telling me what I should be doing
5.He is totally devoted
* is fantastic daddy
* he does LOADS of housework
* gets up with ds every day
* is much better with money than me
* sex etc!
* never has a bad word to say about anyone, ever.
* never has a bad word to say about anyone, ever!!!
* is not good at DIY
* will not accept that sometimes his mother is wrong (see point one!)
* is grumpy as hell when tired
* likes 'Lost'
I do your annoying number 1 too! Either that or I catch myself with my tongue lolling out of my mouth, sometimes dribbling slightly!Just as well you're not married to me.
My dh does your number 2- 5 too. Might need do to a top 10 instead.
1) He is sooo indecisive. He cannot make even the tiniest decision without going round the houses so much I end up frustrated and snappy.
2) On a day off he is impossible to get out of bed.
3)Tidying up means piling stuff up around the edge of the room.
4)He doesn't ever do any laundry then asks at 10pm at night if something he needs is clean
5)Can and has fallen asleep mid conversation at night in bed.
. Great sex
. Never complains ans apologises for his mistake re. the aforementioned laundry thing.
. He is a brilliant step father to the dc's they adore him.
. He does more than his fair share around the house without complaint.
. He will go to the shops without complaint to save me bothering.
. He is very loving and affectionate towards me and the dc's we feel very loved.
. He is a devoted father to dss and spends a lot of time playing with all of them.
. He will dance around the house like a lunatic because the dc's ask him to.
I actually discovered doing this that I struggled to find 5 things that annoyed me but I could go on and on about his good points. I must remember that next time he cannot decided which t-shirt to buy/wear
Am so glad this thread is not full of people saying "he doesn't do anything bad, I wouldn't be with him if he did, don't get your thread [smug]" - that kind of thing
1. He's a great dad
2. He's got a very kind soul
3. He makes me laugh
4. He's great at looking after us all and boosting our confidence when we're low
5. Family always comes first for him
1. He hoards EVERYTHING
2. Mess does not even feature on his radar
3. He does get very uptight about things
4. Is far too sensitive for his own good
5. Is not the most motivated person you'll ever met - sails through life really
Annoying bit :
1)He doesn't clean dishes unless he is asked/begged/ordered
2)He doesn't cook
3)He plans/organize too much
4)He sometimes can be boring
5)He sometimes lack of common sense
Great bit :
1)He is really supportive
2)He is really kind
3)He had a maousssssive willy
4)He is a great dad
5)He is hilarious when he wants to be !
sprouts - hilarious name
and only just fits lol
- is incapable of leaving the bathroom dry and tidy
- tries to explain boring things to me in great detail that I have no interest in
- leaves the foulest smells after visiting the toilet. I dont expect a pretty aroma but honestly it can't be healthy
- knows when I am saying something sarcasticaly or mockingly to myself in my head and says 'pardon?' as though I said it quietly rather than in my head!!
- makes the best cups of tea in the world
- totally 'gets' DS who has Asperger's and tries his best to help him
- is totally supportive of me no matter what I decide
- is a great cook
Found it hard to limit that to five one each list - wonder what they would put about us.
1-Never cleans out bath
2-Always loses things, esp keys!
3-Never puts thins away when finished with them (hence no. 2)
4-Always promises to not drink too much when he goes out but ALWAYS has a day long hangover that means he cant do ANYTHING
5-works to hard and then wants to do DIY/garden when he should be relaxing with me and DD
1-Suggests I go out often even though he doesnt go out very often, plus inviting BF round for a curry
2-Thinks I am HOT HOT HOT
3-Way he is with DD
4-He always tries to look after me and do whats best
5-Gives the best cuddles when I'm sad
Join the discussion
Please login first.