Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm confused

(3 Posts)
Sheena01 Mon 27-Jul-09 22:46:59

I like to be lovey dovey with my DH and show him my feelings.
I've recently been getting over PND and found that with my new found happiness i felt like i was falling in love with him again. we've been togateher for 11 years (married 9 years this sept).
I therefore started expressing my love towards him. However he one day made it clear that he was uncomfortable with my comments of affection and i think he feels comfortable if i didn't say soppy stuff.
I said that it was fine but the truth is i'm hurt. I've totally stopped saying anything nice now to thew point i don't even want to say i love you.
we discussed again a few days ago and he said he feels uncomfortable because it sometimes sound like i don't mean the things!
He did say that he still would like cuddles though but i can't bring myself to do this. I feel rejected and so lonely now.

Sheena01 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:15:38

Am i being too sensitive? Should i respect his feelings about this?
I am surprised at how sad this has really made me. I cry whenever i think about it.

TwoHot Wed 29-Jul-09 11:22:59

It may be that your affection was sudden and its thrown him a bit. Take it gently and build up to it, and he may feel more comfortable with a little time. Dont give up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now