Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

what do you do with your DP? activity suggestions.

(17 Posts)
123marryme Sat 25-Jul-09 15:11:31

just wondering what common activiities childless mumsnetter enjoy doing with their partners.

we seem to have hit a bit of a lull and going to the pub is expensive and repeditive

SolidGoldBrass Sat 25-Jul-09 15:12:40

Have you considered shagging?

jeminthepark Sat 25-Jul-09 15:13:28

Yeah, before we had kids, we used to shag a lot.

CybilLiberty Sat 25-Jul-09 15:14:39

Oh... Scrabble, hanging the wsahing out..cinema..come on use your imagination! Wait till kids come along...you really will be stuck then... and desperate.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 25-Jul-09 15:15:55

as a complement to the shagging we also

play cards
board games
talk for hours on end
watch films and snuggle (we get into mini-series together like Band of Brothers and watch them once dd is in bed)

but to be honest, most of this is just a prelude to shagging grin

LaurieFairyCake Sat 25-Jul-09 15:17:33

if no kids take up an activity together, go dancing like salsa classes

badminton etc

in this weather go out every evening for walks - we drive to walks in the evening and it's lovely

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 25-Jul-09 15:17:38

we used to enjoy hillwalking and kayaking.

The dc are only 1 and 3 atm so a bit young yet, but hopefully we'll get bck into both things as they get older.

Have you thought about doing an evening class together? Salsa dancing, cookery, learn a foreign language?

CybilLiberty Sat 25-Jul-09 15:18:28

Everyone always says salsa dancing...does anyone actually do it?

jeminthepark Sat 25-Jul-09 15:21:13

We used to go for really long walks too, go out with friends and have them over, have parties, go out for the occasional meal, pictures, and TALK....havn't gone that for a while, unless it's about the DCs.

Actually, this thread is reminding me about how I used to feel about my DP, which is really nice, before we turned into mum and dad.
Well, before I changed into a she-bitch, shall we say!

CybilLiberty Sat 25-Jul-09 15:22:17

me and dh actually do very little as a couple. We prefer it that way...

LaurieFairyCake Sat 25-Jul-09 15:22:47

I think doing an evening class together is really under-rated - I teach adult ed. and people love it once they start

TrillianAstra Sat 25-Jul-09 15:35:30

Sitting on the sofa each on our laptops is ctually one of our favourtie activities grin

sherby Sat 25-Jul-09 15:38:47

watching a series together

playing playstation

cards games with other couples

reading

board games

going out on his bike

give blood together hmm

cinema

sit in the garden talking

running

2rebecca Sat 25-Jul-09 16:50:36

If no kids cycling, walking, watching DVDs together, playing instruments together, listening to radio/ music together, preparing and eating dinner together, going to pub or restaurant, going into nearest big city, we also have independant hobbies and are often in house together doing separate things or 1 of us in and 1 of us out.

soopermum1 Sat 25-Jul-09 17:40:51

before we had DS we liked to go to the cinema a lot, it inspires quite a lot of conversation and the trailers usually inspire the next film to go and see. DH doesn't really drink so didn't go to the pub much, thuogh i would've liked to have done more of that. we used to just wander around on summer evenings, live in london so the scenery is hardly that great but interesting all the same.

suggestions, go on holidays, camping, dinner and lunches out, the gym or swimming?

LittleMissMummy Sat 25-Jul-09 22:25:51

play scrabble
play xbox
cook a nice meal in the kitchen together with some music and wine
go out for ice cream
go to the seaside
go out for coffee
watch a movie with some popcorn or chips 'n' dips
play poker and/or strip poker wink
buy some drink for the house rather than going to pub (saves money) then once your both rat-arsed your only a few feet away from drunken sex then drunken sleep
smile

LittleMissMummy Sat 25-Jul-09 22:30:30

oh and before DD was born we had a scrabble competition going - we played most Sundays, DP was winning but havent played for about 12 weeks now - it was fun!! Something to do when the weather isnt that great.
or monopoly, thats good - you should invest in some board games, they're great if your just sitting about bored smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now