Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Surprise Marriage advice needed!

(6 Posts)
friedfish Mon 20-Jul-09 22:29:06

Is it possible to arrange a surprise marriage?
I have a feeling the answer's no, but I was wondering if anyone out there has done it.

lizziemun Mon 20-Jul-09 22:31:59

I don't think so. Because both of you have to go the registar with you ID as proof.

k850plus Mon 20-Jul-09 22:37:49

I am sure I read an article in a magazine recently about just such a thing. The woman organised a "surprise" birthday party for her man - and when he turned up she asked him to marry her infront of everyone and within an hour or so the party turned into a marriage ceremony and it was done.

Perhaps google for ideas!

friedfish Mon 20-Jul-09 22:38:05

thanks for your advice lizziemum had a feeling it wouldn't be possible.We're going to Wales in Sep and he has proposed to me we just haven't got round to the next bit!! I don't want a big fuss, so we could still have a secret wedding in Wales with just us and our 8yr old daughter, and have a party at some point.

lizziemun Mon 20-Jul-09 22:42:56

I found this.

friedfish Mon 20-Jul-09 22:51:49

Thanks so much, I think the weight of keeping it all a secret would be too much!! It will be just as romantic if he knows it's going to happen, rather that than the panic stricken expression I know I'd get if I did surprise him!(Not because he wouldn't want to marry me I hasten to add!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now