Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

so where do i put all these feelings?!?!

(10 Posts)
RobynLou Sat 18-Jul-09 21:16:29

so i have a huge crush on someone i work with, i also have a dh and a dd (2)
I have no intention of 'doing' anything about the crush but its becoming all consuming, i need a cold shower!
i can't help endlessly daydreaming, and am desperatly trying to cut down my time looking at his facebook page...
i'm getting quite tragic blush
how do i get it out of my system?!?!

Jazzicatz Sat 18-Jul-09 21:17:50

Imagine him on the toilet!!!!

RobynLou Sat 18-Jul-09 21:19:27

grin

Bunnysoprano Sat 18-Jul-09 21:25:04

......with diarrhea.....wink

Seriously, I'm not sure. Do you think you are projecting on to him and imagining him to be a lot more wonderful than he actually is?

RobynLou Sat 18-Jul-09 21:33:21

absolutely... though he is quite fascinating - he's a member of the magic circle, and very clever.
he's very sexy and flirty with me and i'm just bored...

RobynLou Sat 18-Jul-09 21:35:05

i just can't stop imagining scenarios which end with him kissing me - dreaming about him too.....
oh deary me i need a slap!

Bunnysoprano Sat 18-Jul-09 21:46:04

Magic circle as in magician's club? Imagine him with Paul Daniel's head on then....that should help!

I think everyone has little moments like that. I tend to store the feelings up and unleash them on DH. Sometimes the poor thing doesn't know what has hit him grin

RobynLou Sat 18-Jul-09 22:01:16

he does very cool close up magic tricks, so yes magicians club i guess!

MotherOfGirls Sun 19-Jul-09 06:12:56

Been where you are and couldn't resist finding out if the feeling was mutual - and it was. Nothing happened but it was still the cause of huge distress at home.

If you are feeling overwhelmed by the emotions I would seriously consider looking for another job in order to avoid the temptation. But maybe you're stronger and more sensible than me!

MotherOfGirls Sun 19-Jul-09 06:16:15

My DDs were 5 and 2 at the time and it was my first job after 5 years at home. I think I got carried away by the thrill of being treated like an intelligent grown-up again, instead of a mum and a wife. Maybe that's a factor for you too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now