Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I lie to my husband

(4 Posts)
jampots Thu 19-May-05 23:16:37

and my sister thinks Im terrible for doing it.

For instance, my mobile phone bill came in a couple of weeks ago and I hid it from dh as it was £50 (tariff is £30pm) so obviously used extra minutes and texts! . Anyway I cancelled the direct debit from our bank because I knew he would blow a fuse and then went to te Orange shop to pay it over the counter from my own account. He found the bill today and is really cross (again) that I lied to him about the amount due (told him it was £35). Thing is I lie to him because he kicks up a stink and not to make him do it. Ive tried to sit down and reason with him about this and explain that if he didnt over-react then I wouldnt lie to get an easy life. I know its wrong but I see it that I buy a couple of weeks worth of peace. I have to lie if my sister has visited because it pisses him off that she's here virtually every day/evening and he thinks Im not getting anything done in te house. Does anyone else lie?

Branster Thu 19-May-05 23:18:23

yes. more often than I should! don't know why cos' DH is quite a reasonable chap.

Branster Thu 19-May-05 23:19:04

although what you're doing is very wrong, i should think quite a few wives do it.

Dior Thu 19-May-05 23:19:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now