Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

its just a little crush...

(11 Posts)
RobynLou Tue 14-Jul-09 20:05:53

but I'm married, for not even a year yet, dd is 2 and i just have a hugely embarrasing crush on someone i work with occasionally.
i can't stop thinking about him, its ridiculous.
dh is lovely and wonderful, but i miss the thrill of the chase so so much,
do other people feel like this when they're happily married? is a crush allowed so long as i do nothing?

AnyFuckerWithAWhiffOFGarlic Tue 14-Jul-09 20:10:16

of course a little crush is allowed

just don't do anything that may jeapordise your marriage

getting married doesn't mean you have to stop window-shopping, just don't sample the goods

ilikeshoes Tue 14-Jul-09 20:59:32

I've never experienced this myself, but i would definately say it was normal as long as its not taken further, you are probably bord life can be, well motherhood can be.smile

LePlopperFantome Tue 14-Jul-09 21:15:55

A crush is good for the soul.

For the love of God, don't do anything about it though! Keep it in your head.

petitmaman Tue 14-Jul-09 21:22:30

I have crushes all the time blush
it lets me day dream . but never even THINK about actually doing anything about it. remember the fantasy is alwasy better than real life anyway.

RobynLou Tue 14-Jul-09 21:42:43

i am abit bored, and mine and dh's sex life is pretty non existant - both working and looking after dd and exhausted
i'm also still getinng used to being married iykwim? its taking a while for my head to adjust and realise what it means, i think i'm testing myself or something.
good to hear having a crush doesn't mean my marriage is doomed!

MrsMcCluskey Tue 14-Jul-09 21:44:13

oh i havve so many crushes
never act on them
help to make the day go by!

ilikeshoes Wed 15-Jul-09 09:51:18

Although it can be boring, i'd still rather be in a relationship with child than be single and trying to find a a man again (although have recently seperated myself now single parent), as your child gets older you will beable to do more, try getting someone to babysit and go to the pictures or the pub or something with your partner, let your hair down a bit.x

summer111 Wed 15-Jul-09 17:13:32

Oh crushes are such greet fun, just keep them cerebral! wink

SexyDomesticatedDad Thu 16-Jul-09 09:15:41

DW and I have our crushes as fridge magnets - help to keep each other on our toes wink!

Thandeka Thu 16-Jul-09 09:17:57

I defo have crushes all the time. Luckily DH is very non jealous and takes the piss out of me and my crushes- because I blush a lot when they are mentioned. am very lucky to have such an understanding DH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now