Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Nice place to eat & stay in Stratford

(23 Posts)
MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 19:49:35

Hi All,

I am v.grateful that I have now found 2 witnesses for our quiet wedding in Stratford on here so thought I would try another post for help

We are now in the process of sorting a nice place to stay while we are in Stratford while we get married & also a nice place to eat afterwards - baby friendly if poss please.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks again in advance.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 13-Jul-09 19:50:27

Stratford upon avon or Stratford, London ?

MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 19:52:52

Hi, sorry - Stratford Upon Avon.

Cheers.

kalo12 Mon 13-Jul-09 20:02:48

vitners is the best restaurant. upstairs they have a fabulous oval banquet table seats bout fourteen. lots of actors go in there, I saww rufus sewel and David tenant in there last time I was there. I got married in Stratford.

there are loads of hotels. we had our wedding at the Thistle opposite the theatre but i think its now closed. But there are plenty to chose from.

MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 20:04:12

Cheers I'll check out their website - only be for 2 & half of us though lol

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 13-Jul-09 20:06:31

Alevston Manor is a nice hotel. The Welcombe hotel is about 2-3 miles outside the centre but is lovely. The Swan's Nest is nice and probably a little bit cheaper. All of these hotels have restaurants for non residents are are pretty child friendly.

Congratulations by the way. I got married in Stratford a few years ago smile

MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 20:12:17

Cheers Tillyscoutsmum - I'll check them all out the vitners menu seems nice from their website

Cheers.

Lizzylou Mon 13-Jul-09 20:14:21

My Mom lives in Shottery and she loves Vintners, whenever I have been I've loved it.
There is also a lovely Indian Restaurant on the same street, Coconut Lagoon? I think.

MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 20:17:37

Cheers LizzyLou x

Pingpong Mon 13-Jul-09 20:24:00

Is it a hotel you want or B&B? I don't know your budget but I know a lovely B&B on Shipston road with parking and easy access to the town. We have taken our daughter 4 times now and the land lady is very accommodating - loves children and provides cot/highchair.
We've been to the Italian on Sheep St a few times and found them child friendly too and delicious.

MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 20:33:41

Awww cheers Smac. We're not so much on a tight budget for this. Just want to make this weekend really special. We are having the big ceremony abroad with Family & friends. We are getting married in Stratford for the legal side & to save a little. That's why this is being a quiet one

Cheers.

kalo12 Mon 13-Jul-09 21:52:09

sequoia house is supposed to be a nice hotel

kormachameleon Mon 13-Jul-09 21:56:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cafelattefan Mon 13-Jul-09 22:09:30

I can personally recommend the Stratford Victoria Hotel tel:01789 271000. Ive stayed there many times with work. Its very conveniently situated at the top of Straford, very short walk to the main part of the town. infact only a coule of hundred yards. Its just been refurbished, they spent something like 2 million quid on it. its very contemporary styled. and they have a lovely restaurant and bar area. In my opinion you cannot beat it.
have a great day.

MrsRothwell2b Wed 15-Jul-09 08:08:42

Awww thanks guys - I'll check them all out & hopefully somewhere will have availability

RealiteEstMaSeuleIllusion Wed 15-Jul-09 08:10:14

Message withdrawn

RealiteEstMaSeuleIllusion Wed 15-Jul-09 08:11:23

Message withdrawn

MrsRothwell2b Wed 15-Jul-09 08:52:59

Cheers Realite, I'll look into that too, but I don't think we have many vouchers left lol Used most of them to double up on toys & clothes for the baby lol x

MrsRothwell2b Wed 15-Jul-09 10:01:19

Hi guys, Anyone stayed in the Ettington Chase hotel?? Any reviews & any Idea how much a taxi would be to the centre of Stratford?

Also anyone stayed in the Ardencote Manor Hotel?

I have found looking that a lot of places are fully booked - I thought they would be lol

Cheers guys x x

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 15-Jul-09 10:13:21

Haven't stayed at either - but looked at Ettington for my wedding and didn't like it. Its very geared up for conferences and not very "romantic"

Have been to a wedding at Ardencote. Of the two, I would think that one was better.

Ettington Park is really nice and might be worth a try ?

MrsRothwell2b Wed 15-Jul-09 19:31:23

Cheers Tilly

janeite Wed 15-Jul-09 19:36:40

Another vote for Alveston Manor, which is lovely.

MrsRothwell2b Wed 15-Jul-09 19:46:10

Cheers Janeite.

we stayed at the Alveston the first time we went to Stratford. They have no availability for the dates we want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now