Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

HELP!!! Witnesses needed for our wedding in Aug - Stratford upon Avon

(30 Posts)
MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 16:23:36

Hi All,

I'm new to this site & in hope that I can find witnesses.

My Fiancee & I are having a big wedding ceremony in Gran Canaria at the beginning of September with lots of family & friends joining us - Can't wait.

But to save quite a bit of money we are doing the legal wedding over here in the UK. We are doing this quietly so our family members do not know as they would get a bit upset.

We live in Warrington, Cheshire but are getting married in a registry office in Stratford upon Avon - as we have been a few times before & we both love it. We wanted to get married in a registry office in a place that meant something to us both.

Our dilemma now is that we need 2 witnesses for our wedding in the registry office & obviously as we don't want family or friends knowing we are a bit stuck on who to have.

So I am on here asking if anyone woould be free on Saturday 8th August @ 11:30 to be our witnesses? It would just be the basic thing so wouldn't be very long & would appreciate anyone considering it,

Thanks in advance
Lynda.

OhBling Mon 13-Jul-09 16:29:12

I'd go to the wedding of a paper bag but sadly, this is nowhere near where I live - if I was local, I'd happily to this for you! good luck finding someone though!

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 16:31:51

I'll do it if you like. I can bring DH too.

fleacircus Mon 13-Jul-09 16:33:35

I so wish I could but we are just too far away. Good luck finding someone though - is the registry office somewhere busy enough for you to grab a couple of likely looking witnesses off the street?

Fimbo Mon 13-Jul-09 16:35:05

Thats fab. Hope you have a lovely wedding. Well done Llareggub (oh fgs, I have just worked out your name <<flails self>>).

bronze Mon 13-Jul-09 16:35:40

oh how lovely
hope you get it sorted

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 16:41:15

DH said yes, so we are both up for it. Can I wear my hat?

Lizzylou Mon 13-Jul-09 16:42:37

Was just going to volunteer my Mom as she is local, but well done llareggub smile

OhBling Mon 13-Jul-09 16:51:15

Am dead jealous.

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 16:52:25

Where ARE you MrsRothwell2b?

MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 17:46:12

Hi sorry lol been sorting baby

Llareggub that is fab if you guys can do it!

Oh god that's something sorted fo us

Do you live in Stratford then?

x x

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 17:49:56

We're just down the road from Stratford but pop in every other weekend or so. We really don't mind at all. We'll bring our camera and take photos too if you like?

How exciting! I love a wedding, and a secret wedding in Stratford will be great. Are you bringing the baby too? We'll need to bring ours if that's OK but he is very well behaved.

Rindercella Mon 13-Jul-09 17:50:13

Congratulations (soon to be) MrsRothwell! grin

We got married at Stratford registry office 3 years ago. It was lovely. The people were lovely. You will have a nice ceremony, I'm sure smile

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 17:51:00

Nearly forgot. If you want to email me you can:

llareggubmn at gmail dot com

MrsRothwell2b Mon 13-Jul-09 17:56:39

yep bubba will be with us lol can't say he'll be that well behaved though! he's 7 mths today. So no probs with your little one - you're doing us a big favour

It wont be anything fancy lol cuz the big one will be in Gran Canaria & Andy won't be seeing my proper dress until then tee hee.

Aww we really appreciate it - thank you

And a big thanks to everyone else
really made up that there are so many nice people out there!

x x

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 22:09:19

MrsRothwell2b, I'm really, really sorry but we can't do this after all. I've just told DH the date and we are already going to a wedding in Warwick that day. I'm so sorry, it is a friend of DH's so I'd forgotten all about it.

I'll email you as well but thought I'd post here to bump it for you in case someone else can help.

LovingtheSilverFox Mon 13-Jul-09 22:21:32

I can't help, but someone, help this lady please!!!

Good luck, hope all goes well!

Tiredmumno1 Mon 13-Jul-09 22:33:19

Bump

kormachameleon Mon 13-Jul-09 22:35:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sayithowitis Mon 13-Jul-09 23:16:31

We are going to be there on our holiday then. Might just pop along to see you being a beautiful bride! Good luck.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 13-Jul-09 23:18:55

I can probably do it - will have two little monsters in tow but am not too far away!

avacado Mon 13-Jul-09 23:26:28

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolate Mon 13-Jul-09 23:28:35

avacado is closer than me then.

EightiesChick Tue 14-Jul-09 16:47:15

Hopefully you are sorted now but if not, I know people who live in Stratford who I think would be pleased to help if free, so just say if you are not covered.

MrsRothwell2b Tue 14-Jul-09 19:04:58

Awwww thanks everyone

I have only just looked at my emails & seen message that llareggub cannot do it.

Major panicked lol then I saw all your messages.

Anyone know for sure if they could do this for us? It really won't be a long ceremony just the real basic as are having the proper blessing abroad. Really appreciate it.

So far I could see that:

Lizzylou could maybe ask her mum

kormachameleon ould maybe do it

sayithowitis if you would be free, great

whomovedmychocolate - we don't mind kids- we have one ourselves lol

avacado could do it.

Please let me know,
Thanks again guys in advance,
Lynda x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now