Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does anyone elses heart flutter when looking at their DH??!!

(74 Posts)
anniebear Wed 18-May-05 12:37:52

After reading the other thread about wanting ones heart to flutter when seeing DH!!! Just wondered if anybodies does?

Mine certainly doesn't flutter after being with DH for nearly 7 years!!

When we first met it fluttered so much I could have been having palpitations!!!! But sadly no more!!

Anybodies???

noddyholder Wed 18-May-05 12:44:29

mine still does 13 years on!Must be lucky I suppose

suzywong Wed 18-May-05 12:45:55

not really, unless I've ovulating and then I just show him my a4&e and he beats me off.

TMI?

suzywong Wed 18-May-05 12:46:35

Oh god that did't come out right, I mean he beats me off with a metaphorical stick as he doesn't want anymore kids

expatinscotland Wed 18-May-05 12:48:24

thankfully not. everytime that happened, it turned out to be a disaster for me. personally, i'm glad to be done all that business.

marialuisa Wed 18-May-05 12:55:43

yeah, if he's goy his glasses on and looks tidy. Not when he's hungover, unshaven and his dressing gown though!

kama Wed 18-May-05 12:56:24

Message withdrawn

Ulysees Wed 18-May-05 13:04:35

We've been married for 11 years and been together 15 and I still feel this sometimes. Also get excited when he's due home. We have a lot of different interests and even go away seperately at times so don't know it this helps?

mytwopenceworth Wed 18-May-05 13:54:13

no, but my stomach churns!

bonym Wed 18-May-05 13:59:31

It does sometimes - I occasionally look at him and feel overwhelmed by how much I love him. Is that the same as a heart-flutter?

Diddle Wed 18-May-05 14:03:42

bonym - don't think its the same, but i get that feeling, especially when he's really down or upset.
My heart only flutters when he's been away with work and i haven't seen him when i normally would.

jessicasmummy Wed 18-May-05 14:06:31

i still think my heart flutters when i see dh - married 18 months - especially if we are both dressed up to go out - how will i control myself on saturday at my brothers wedding?! Good job we have a night in a hotel without jessica!!!!

dyzzidi Wed 18-May-05 14:06:57

I do get Flutters when he has been working away for 6 weeks and the first time i see him I am all a flutter.

This last about as long as it takes for him to give me a pressie, a kiss and a bag ful of washing.

To be honest I don't think i would flutter if he was at home full time.

anorak Wed 18-May-05 14:07:13

We've been together 7 years. I look at him when he's sleeping and think, what an amazing, special man. I'm always conscious that a person can be taken from you in an instant and I look at him and think how glad I am that he's here.

Fio2 Wed 18-May-05 14:07:39

suzy I hear its a big stick with the nail in the end you fibber

I love my husbands manhood, cant get enough of it. he likes my breasts too, he cant look at them if he doesnt have time

TMI?[blkush]

sunchowder Wed 18-May-05 14:10:25

I've been with DH for almost 12 and I can't say that my heart flutters....but....I am still very excited to see him and look forward to when he is coming home. I adore him, but not in the heart fluttering kind of way anymore--deeper than that of course. I am always so grateful to have him in my life.

Pruni Wed 18-May-05 14:10:53

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Wed 18-May-05 14:11:12

YES TMI FIO!

I do get the occasional fluttering - actually when I wave him off in the morning I often think "woof!" although sometimes of course I just want to run after him screaming PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME AT HOME WITH THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

pinotgrigio Wed 18-May-05 15:01:54

God No. I keep trying to get as far away as possible. This month, Dusseldorf. Next month Sydney. . Can't get much farther away than that.

Next time he'll think twice before he has a fling. /*Assumes evil she-bitch expression/*

Sponge Wed 18-May-05 15:07:53

I love him to bits and wouldn't want to be without him but the fluttering has pretty much passed. Married 9 years today .
Funny how the ones who are sayng yes to fluttering are mostly the newer marriages.

handlemecarefully Wed 18-May-05 15:08:28

No - good grief!

handlemecarefully Wed 18-May-05 15:09:17

It sometimes flutters when I look at other people's dh's

Fio2 Wed 18-May-05 15:14:45

we have been together 10 years btw if that helps

colditz Wed 18-May-05 15:18:54

No.

Am I the onlyone who gets all meloncholy when I realise I will never snog an 18 year old boy again?

flum Wed 18-May-05 15:20:45

Not when I look at mine. Sometimes when I look at yours though Anniebear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now