Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Unhealthy compulsive liars!

(9 Posts)
MissSunny Wed 08-Jul-09 12:12:36

Message withdrawn

sweetcat Wed 08-Jul-09 12:25:54

Oh God my ex lied about everything. He told me he was adopted and called X but before we got married I noticed his birth certificate with another name. He didn't think I would notice hmm, not even when they read his real name in the registrar's office.

That was the start of a crazy marriage which, looking back, was built upon lies. He wasn't adopted at all, I met his mother who confirmed this. He told me he already had a daughter, he didn't.

I could go on forever, he was a crazy control freak who I was very glad to be rid of although it took me 5 yrs as he was a great manipulator.

When I served papers on him he attempted to commit suicide or so he told me. He then pretended to be his Doctor to try to get me back. I could never work out why he told such obvious lies which were so easily found out. He always denied lying and was unshakeable in this belief and very good at turning it round on me.

Thank goodness DH is not like this at all.

MamaLazarou Wed 08-Jul-09 12:45:27

My sister was in a relationship for several years with a man named Dave, who told her he lived in a caravan and had a twin brother named Dale.

He was in fact an only child and lived in a house with his partner and two children.

GypsyMoth Wed 08-Jul-09 12:49:36

My ex tells everyone that he walks with a stick now, because he was injured in Iraq saving his friends life...... Truth is, he was thrown out of army for assault, and his limp is due to him speeding resulting in a serious rta 8 years ago, in which he injured 2 oother people!!!!!

Oh, I'm livid with him!!!

slug Wed 08-Jul-09 13:31:42

I worked with someone like that. His best one was the day of the 7/7 bombings. He was notorious for always being late for work and had progressively getting later and later over the last months.

He turned up at work at 4pm that day, in a crisp, spotless white shirt, claiming to have walked all the way from Central London after being in the train that was bombed at Russel Square. If that was true he would have had to be:
On a train earlier than he had been for the last 4 months.
Going in a completely different direction from the one that would take him from home to work.
Walking at a snail's pace as, at best, it's an hour's walk for an arthritic Granny from Russel Square to work.
Had a magic dust shield as the man was so spotless he glowed whereas a friend of mine who was on that train looked like he was auditioning for a remake of the Black and White Minstrel Show.

MorrisZapp Wed 08-Jul-09 13:42:46

I remember being on holiday with my ex and reading a postcard he had written to his workmates. It was full of complete lies about the things we had done - I just found it totally bizarre.

He was the kind of guy who felt he had to lie even when the truth was perfectly simple and straightforward. To be fair, he wasn't nasty with it, it was like some bizarre childlike truth disorder or something.

MissSunny Wed 08-Jul-09 14:20:06

Message withdrawn

gettingagrip Wed 08-Jul-09 19:09:14

pathological liars

GypsyMoth Wed 08-Jul-09 19:20:49

It's all come out in a report that court asked for in our access case. He also told me he had cancer, which he didn't. It was to try and get me back when I left. He's a truly horrible man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now