Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice greatly appreciated...

(6 Posts)
MissSunny Tue 07-Jul-09 18:59:54

Message withdrawn

ineedalifelaundry Tue 07-Jul-09 22:49:11

Blimey this is a tough one. I'm not sure there's much you can do for her personally unless she's asked you for help. Alcoholism is an evil disease and can only be fought by the person suffering from it, when they choose to fight it.

What about her son? Maybe you can help him. Is he with foster parents? Is your daughter still in touch with him through school or whatever? Can you invite him round for regular play dates to at least give him more of a taste of normality? Just a thought.

LovingtheSilverFox Tue 07-Jul-09 22:58:17

I have no experience here, but what about contacting one of the support groups for friends/families of alcoholics, they may have advice on what you can do to help, but as previous poster mentioned, unless she asks for help, there isn't much you can do, other than be there for ehr, but knowing my Dad's friend who was an alcoholic, it can be a long road, you need to be able to listen.

MissSunny Tue 07-Jul-09 23:40:01

Message withdrawn

MissSunny Tue 07-Jul-09 23:41:15

Message withdrawn

ineedalifelaundry Wed 08-Jul-09 00:06:31

I have no experience of dealing with SS so I'm really sorry I can't advise you on that. But I do think it's worth a try. If you don't get anywhere contacting them, you did mention you can contact her through another girl you both know. Let her know you're there for her and her son (the poor little mite sad). But don't mistakenly think you can solve her problems for her - I'm sure you don't think that but just in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now