Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

just sent DH text of nasty ranting meaness

(12 Posts)
carocaro Thu 02-Jul-09 17:41:48

do you ever do this?

so FED UP with it all, never getting throught to him, feeling invisible, same old same old.

How on earth do you stop the BORING MARRIED LIFE REPEAT?

And please don't tell me to 'have a romantic dinner' 'sit down and talk' 'see a counsellor'

Be there done that. No change.

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 02-Jul-09 17:43:15

you don't.

Life is, for the most part, boring and endless repeat. Sad but true.

you just need to accept that's the case, get on with it and try to create some fun.
<sigh>

depressing, innit? grin

rubyslippers Thu 02-Jul-09 17:43:42

texting is a crap way of communicating

if you can't sit down and talk then i can see why you sent the text but what resopnse are you expecting?

Sometimes the daily grind is really effing tedious but do you have good times too or not?

carocaro Thu 02-Jul-09 17:53:18

i think I sent the test to kind of jolt him up the arse a bit, get a response, sting him like a wasp, make him R E S P O N D to something, anything!

You are right, life can be good as well as boring as shit, its just been leaning towards the boring as shit angle too much.

Yes texting is no good, I just saw red and flipped my lid, or finger really. Bugger.

rubyslippers Thu 02-Jul-09 17:54:18

so tell him that

blame the heat grin

MadameCastafiore Thu 02-Jul-09 17:54:49

Do you make an effort to change the boringness of it all or are you relying on him doing it?

SerendipitousHarlot Thu 02-Jul-09 19:27:33

By HecatesTwopenceworth on Thu 02-Jul-09 17:43:15
you don't.

Life is, for the most part, boring and endless repeat. Sad but true.

you just need to accept that's the case, get on with it and try to create some fun.
<sigh>

depressing, innit?

That is one of the most depressing things I have ever read. Because it's true grin

Lulumama Thu 02-Jul-09 19:29:50

that is so true hecate

<<sighs at another pile of ironing that must be done in searing heat, whilst DH is working late. Again>>

married life can certainly be mundane, monotonous, repetitive and boring.

but hey, would rather be bored and repetitive with DH than anyone else

except maybe eric cantona. grin

texting is shite.

talk to him

you don't need a counsellor, you have beenmarriedforalongtimeandhavesmallchildrenitis

tis very common

i find gin helps

Overmydeadbody Thu 02-Jul-09 19:35:08

lol at gin helps.

Send him another text apologising.

carocaro Thu 02-Jul-09 19:55:50

OK, I sent him an apology email.

You are all right and I do make the effort, the problem is ALL OF THE TIME, I just would like him to say something, like, I dunno, lets go to the park and all get ice creams! You know, real simple.

Thing thing that sparked it off was, and this is real selfish and childish, I got 3 messages from friends this week from Take That concerts 'ooh listen at me having a fab time' I would have loved to have gone, but no £ to do it.

And I could hear Back For Good, fave song to make it worse.

That then started a downward negativity spiral about all the other stuff, the start being having my card denied in the petrol station with screaming toddler, big queue, sweating, having to go back to the car and scrabble around for £ which I found thankfully, minu the Haribos as the £ would not stretch, toddler goes even more nuts but found half packet of fruit pastells at bottom of bag, which he spat out, more screaming.

Anyway you get my drift. You are all so so right!

Cheers, tonic in hand, no gin, run out, arrrgh!

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 02-Jul-09 20:13:55

Feel the same at the mo, Caro, everything is a grind, am tired all the time, feel nothing to look forward to.

Went and read one post of Reality's lovely husband thread, and left the thread because I can't think of anything lovely to say about DP at the moment sad.

I think I just have to cheer up and get over it and things will pick up <endless optimism>

Anyway let's look on the bright side (she says in manner of annoying woman on daytime TV) - you have gin in hand, I have a glass of wine. Both of these count as part of our 5 a day (the grapes in my wine, the juniper in your gin) so at least we are healthy and miserable grin

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 02-Jul-09 20:14:42

Oh no just read your post and see that you don't have gin! Have chocolate instead (yay!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now