Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So i am completely stuck now in the middle of this and i dont want to be and dont know what to do.

(5 Posts)
sunburntats Wed 01-Jul-09 22:18:49

Really close pals going through a very difficult time.
Getting txts from them both.
its so hard, i am trying to do right by them both and feel like i am badly failing.

I dont think that they will recover so keep expecting the husband to turn up at our house with black bin bags.

I am so stressed with it.
I am not commenting nor getting involved, just listening to them both. Its turning very nasty.

WWYD in my shoes?

iMum Wed 01-Jul-09 22:20:31

I dunno, im in the same boat and feel useless realy-but it is sooo nasty. I have their kids over to play and by doing that feel im am in some way putting a bit of normal back into their lives.

mumblechum Wed 01-Jul-09 22:20:52

Try very hard to say nothing about the other person at all, just listen. I went thru' exactly the same as you and the couple split up but then briefly reconciled and I was so glad I hadn't taken sides during the split as I would have lost at least one of them as a friend.

sunburntats Wed 01-Jul-09 22:26:16

Yes, im trying really hard, also i have been taking the kids out of the situation when the volume starts to rise.

SolidGoldBrass Thu 02-Jul-09 00:14:58

Say to both: I am not taking sides, I will listen but I do not want to hear bad stuff about the other person... maybe suggest Relate or something but then change the subject.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now