Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Boring

(4 Posts)
deepinth0ught Wed 01-Jul-09 19:39:15

OK, never posted on this sort of thing before - DH is a good, kind man, been married many many years. 2 DDs with health and SEN problems, the last couple of years have been hard. We are fine superficially - we can talk about the kids, the house, the dog etc etc but nothing any deeper. I know in theory all the stuff about taking time out for just the 2 of us, go out for a drink etc and we have done that and I find myself thinking that everyone else looks like they're having more fun than me, there is nothing to talk about (other than kids, house, dog). Sex is an effort, I would rather go to sleep and if I'm honest, I really dont find him attractive. How can I make things better, there must be more?

HappyWoman Wed 01-Jul-09 19:49:29

get an interest of your own that you can boretalk to him about.
Please dont think everyone else is having more fun because they probably are not.
Can you talk to him about it - maybe there is something you could both do.

How about make a list of adventurous things you would like to do and then try and tick them off.
Or think of something that you think you would never do and maybe do it.

Good luck

modrin Wed 01-Jul-09 19:52:51

in the same boat myself only mines is sinking faster dont know what to suggest but just wanted to let you know i DO understand

deepinth0ught Wed 01-Jul-09 20:32:16

adventurous things together is tricky cos of our DDs. For the last couple of years we have had separate breaks because 1 of our DDs is unable to travel atm. I know this doesnt help but what worries me is that I am not sure I actually want to be away on my own with him, the girls sort of insulate us from each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now