Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

unsavoury question about dp's pants

(38 Posts)
yuckermucker Tue 30-Jun-09 18:22:06

DP wears his socks and pants for 2 days. he seems to think he needs to ration them, though there are stacks in his drawers. I've tried telling him it's inhygienic, don't want to find his pants lying on floor waiting for use next day. last night I chucked them in the laundry basket. He saw they were missing and whipped them out. He says it's none of my business. I say it is, I have to smell him, bacteria on floor etc. rank!!!

does he smell?

ByTheSea Tue 30-Jun-09 18:25:10

He should change his underwear and socks daily (more if necessary), IMO. Does he bathe daily and then wear dirty underthings?

FranSanDisco Tue 30-Jun-09 18:26:26

How often does he shower/bath? In this weather new pants and socks everyday is advisable unless he wants to whiff. He sounds like my 6 yo grin

GypsyMoth Tue 30-Jun-09 18:29:22

So he doesn't shower daily??

Bleatblurt Tue 30-Jun-09 18:30:18

Two days is nothing. Relax.

HolyGuacamole Tue 30-Jun-09 18:38:38

Oh, I think that is yuck. 2 days is one day too much.

FrannyandZooey Tue 30-Jun-09 18:42:35

no it's horrid

yuckermucker Tue 30-Jun-09 18:44:31

He showers regularly, then puts dirty pants, rancid socks on his clean body. In this weather in particular, I think he should change every day.

bruces Tue 30-Jun-09 18:46:35

Why Oh Why would he want to put on dirty under wear after having a bath/shower i'm all for doing my bit for the enviroment but wearing the same under wear thats just GROSS!

papiermache Tue 30-Jun-09 19:09:57

Chilli powder if you're bothered, laughter if not!

It's quirky and relatively harmless, as behaviours go but yes, chilli powder in ones lying in wait for recycling might well put an end to it (or snipping holes/drawing silly pics/removing all undies from the house grin)

papiermache Tue 30-Jun-09 19:11:00

and sock puppets too, of course!

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Tue 30-Jun-09 19:12:30

urghhh grim

nickytwotimes Tue 30-Jun-09 19:14:30

Yuk.
Everyone should have clean underwear once a day.
Did his mum never wanr him about bing hit by a bus. wink

yuckermucker Tue 30-Jun-09 19:52:49

I may go down the chilli powder route

MrsFlittersnoop Tue 30-Jun-09 21:20:00

If he is washing every day and not niffing and using deodorant every day, then take a chill powder! smile.

2 days of undercrackers is fine, if you are not sweaty. My V. Aged Mama basin bathes every day and is immaculatly fragrant. She only showers once a week hmm but never pongs at all, and only changes her clobber 2/3 times per week.

Be Green. You only have to change your clothes if you honk.

Is it just me or would other people not notice if their DH didn't change his underpants everyday? I don't pay that much attention to his dressing habits.

HolyGuacamole Tue 30-Jun-09 21:49:47

I'd notice.....by the lack of dirty laundry wink

Rindercella Tue 30-Jun-09 21:59:40

Yuk. Imagine being lovely and clean and fresh after showering and then putting yesterday's smelly kegs back on. God knows why anyone would want to do that. I would prefer to go commando than wear yesterday's pants.

I know how many days it's been since I last did the washing by how many pairs of boxer shorts I have to hang out on the line!

shhhh Tue 30-Jun-09 21:59:50

only change you clothes if you honk hmm.

YUKKKKK..!

Imo everyone should change their underwear everyday. Dh changes his daily and so do I and so do the dk's...(2&4) and wouldn't have it any other way..
Think of all that sweat/bacteria etc..
Just coz you can't smell it doesn't mean its not there..hmm

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 30-Jun-09 22:05:42

Certain clothes we wear for days on end...things like work trousers I wouldn't admit on here how infrequently they get laundered. Also cardigans etc unless dirty.

However I make an exception for pants and socks. Every day in this house for everyone.

Leave him wink grin

gagamama Wed 01-Jul-09 09:18:02

Definitely go down the chilli powder route. Or insist on spraying them with your most potent, flowery-smelling perfume (purely to get rid of the pong, you understand). If the stench of his own BO doesn't bother him, maybe a waft of feminine perfume eminating from his undercrackers might.

To be fair I wear bras for up to a week at a time without washing them, and jeans tend to be fine with just a couple of days airing between wears rather than an actual wash. But undies and socks... I'd rather go without than wear dirty ones.

MamaLazarou Wed 01-Jul-09 09:43:12

Yuck! IMO a sex ban is the only way forward. My DH knows very well that impeccable personal hygiene is the only route to getting his cock sucked.

ZacharyQuack Wed 01-Jul-09 09:56:23

Rubber gloves and Febreeze them.

TwoSunnyDays Wed 01-Jul-09 10:21:26

Buy him some pants with the days of the week on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now