Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Constant lazyness and childishness

(5 Posts)
RagdollMovie Mon 29-Jun-09 12:16:50

I'm getting really fed up of my partner as it seems he just falls asleep constantly and goes off in stupid sulks. He's a bit older than me but not that old that he should be acting like a pensioner. He's 36.
He does get up early for work but he's admitted that he doesn't have to go as early as he does. He just likes to so that he can spend the rest of the day at home. He sets off for work at 4.30am and is back home again by 7am. He could work in the evenings instead but he refuses to. So basicaly all day he's slothing around the house. He was acting dopey in the swimming baths yesterday, sat there with a gormless expression on his face whilst I was trying to talk to him about the kids. We got home and he hinted that he wanted me out of the way before the rugby came on TV hmm so I ammused myself on the PC from 6pm until 8pm ... got back downstairs and he suddenly seemed in a massive mood. Snapped at my DS for getting blood on our bed (poor kid had just split his head open but god forbid dirting the sheets hmm ) and he snapped at me that he was getting a shower.
That was the last I saw of him last night. He went to bed at 8.30pm.
So this morning, he's still not talking to me. I have NO IDEA WHY. But, he got in from work, went back to bed and has been in bed all day again.

I'm sick to death of it. I may as well live on my own.
So 2 issues, why the hell is he in such a mood that he's not spoken to me since before the rugby yesterday and should I tolerate him going to bed at 8.30pm last night and then going to bed all day today too??

roulade Mon 29-Jun-09 12:31:33

He only works 2 hours a day?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 29-Jun-09 12:34:12

He sounds depressed and that he doesn't have enough to do. He would do better with more work/structure to occupy himself.

What about him taking up a class if he doesn't want to work longer?

QuintessentialShadow Mon 29-Jun-09 12:38:17

Righ.

Maybe discussing the kids while you were sitting at the swimming baths were not such a good time for talking?

What happened to your ds that he split his head open over the bed?

Why does he only work two hours per day?

Aeschylus Mon 29-Jun-09 12:44:57

do you think he had money on the Rugby, may of been quite a bit...

Also if it was the Lions match they lost right at the death, and I know it sounds sad that someone could be moody because of a sport game..

but it happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now