Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

weekend arguments.......

(5 Posts)
fufflebum Mon 29-Jun-09 10:40:47

I just wanted to post to see how other people find their weekends if their partners are around.

I am a SAHM and look after two DC all week. DH helps out when he gets back after work and then at the weekend. However, increasingly he is more and more grumpy of an evening and at the weekend. This behaviour has not only been noticed by me but my DP too. Just wondering if this is a common experience?

He was very tolerant when DC1 was a baby. Now we have DC2 who is a toddler and DC 1 as well he seems really grumpy with stuff DC1 does (all of which is perfectly normal and which DC1 did) and finds DC2 annoying as well.

Is this a common experience?

fufflebum Mon 29-Jun-09 11:59:36

anyone?

unavailable Mon 29-Jun-09 12:19:25

Yes, I know what you mean!

I recognised a pattern of weekend rows some time ago. We both work ft, and it was if we didnt have time to address "ishoos" during the week, so unconciously saved them up for the weekend, when they then got blown up out of proportion.

Once you realise it tho' you can at least try to change it. (Saying that we had a corker of a row last night!)

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Mon 29-Jun-09 12:36:41

Well, yes, but tbh it's mostly when ds1 is here (he goes to his dad's every other weekend). He and DH really rub each other up the wrong way at the moment.

Having said that, I think DH finds ds2 a little much atm too (ds2 is 19 months and starting his 'terrible twos'.) Possibly some DHs don't have the patience with dcs that we do? Or maybe they see weekends as time when they're supposed to be 'relaxing' and not dealing with children's tantrums or something?

I know that my DH hasn't really quite comprehended the extent of patience needed with a toddler- only seeing them after work and then after golf at weekends kind of minimises the effect. Could that be it?

fufflebum Mon 29-Jun-09 18:37:01

It is so exhausting. This weekend I left them alone for 5 mins to finish off the roast and before I knew it he was carrying DC1 upstairs covered in sand whilst she was screaming at the top of her lungs. i understand the need for consequences when asked not to do something but it did seem a little excessive!!

Just wondered if this was me that seemed to find the weekends harder work than the week solo parenting.....?

Did suggest to DH that I get a job at weekends....(went down like a lead balloon)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now